Active Topics

Ah, these pissing matches. I have been involved in them a few times, and the most diplomatic way to end them goes like this:
  1. Say that your choice suits your needs (user-replaceable battery, able to use any network you like, actual keyboard, etc.)
  2. If you are getting the same capabilities for lower price, highlight that.

Also, try using http://touch.facebook.com instead. In general, I use the mobile version of the site to save on my data transfer allocation.

The Following User Says Thank You to cyeung For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Well, at the end of the day, my N900 might not be wafer thin but thanks to all these great suggestions I was able to get things to work nicely. Sure, FB is a waste of time, agreed, but when someone says, "Hey, check out Joe Schmoe's new profile pic" and while I struggle to get it to do that one simple thing people all around the table look at me with the face that says, Here he goes again with his 'crazy Nokia'... it wasn't a great moment. But I came back with the texting race, better photos, 13 apps all open at the same time, and a bunch of other cool stuff I can't remember, and it was agreed that my phone does in fact have a massive set of balls.

The world keeps turning fellas. Let's enjoy it. And keep our one N900 out on proud display next to those 15 iPhones and Droids

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Bolivia
* i installed gcc in my n900
* was able to compile the full Qt sdk on it
* have also installed the java SDK
* i access to my device via ssh.

ok,this stuff is kind of geeky, but that's far more interesting than use it as a simple facebook terminal, isn't it?

if you are not interested on geeky stuff, maybe n900 is not for you... but if you like having a device that you can tweak as much as you want, then, what does matter if your stupid iAmAMaterialBoy mates think on you?

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
My beloved N900 let me down tonight. In front of my friends and their girlfriends (all of whom have Android and iPhones) my N900 couldn't display facebook photos or play facebook videos and even the pics taken with BlessN900 were shitty. Tonight has made me want to throw my N900 into a river, it embarrassed me. lots of comments on it's bulk I can handle. But it did NOT perform as a smartphone should have done.

Can anyone help me?
Throw it in the water, get an iPhone, and become like your sissy friends. The phone pretty much define who you are. The N900 is definitely not for pussies, and you sir, look like a ***** to me. LOL

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
The bottomline is the N900 is a flagship of the past. Nokia needs to release a new high-end smartphone that is to be a suitable upgrade for users who purchased the N900. Nokia is just taking WAY too long.

The Following User Says Thank You to automagic68 For This Useful Post:
i think SimonLR had the best response ever. de-auth flood their access point. no more wifi (if they're using it)

http://www.knownokia.ca/2010/09/quie...00-laughs.html

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to anonymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Throw it in the water, get an iPhone, and become like your sissy friends. The phone pretty much define who you are. The N900 is definitely not for pussies, and you sir, look like a ***** to me. LOL
Mate, just because I'd rather spend my spare time looking at titties rather than delving deep into crazy Linux code I know nothing about should NOT prevent me from enjoying what the N900 has to offer. It was/is a top notch Nokia product. Nobody told me "Hey, better not buy this thing if you know nothing about programming code!"
I will continue to use it, love it, show it off to iClone mates and maybe even stroke it. But it's getting old and some things it can't do. Simple. I'm ok with that.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
I really don't understand what people are talking about with Facebook photos. I have not run into any problems yet.

And one of the coolest things--to me--about the N900 it is the Recaller application/widget. I can record anything--phone calls, web radio, FM radio, voice, etc. That ability alone really has me loving this device.

The Following User Says Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
The facebook issue comes with the fact that the new update now has the photos come up like a slide show and its really annoying on the N900 screen

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
It's annoying on ANY screen.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hootenholler For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, crane