Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Netherlands
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum/community.
Also I'm happy owner of a N900 for about a week now.

Now I have this Question which I couldn't find the answer trough google of the Search on this site.

I've reflashed my N900 yesterday and backed up all of my contacts using the build in contact export / import.
Now when I get an sms my n900 shows the phone number and won't recognize it as one of my contacts.

Is this normal?
An do any of you guys have an idea of how to fix this?

Greetings,
Nederlandhc

ps.
I hope this is posted in the right section...

I see this from time to time, a reboot, and sometimes having to send that person a message from the NEW SMS screen not the conversation display, seems to work for me,,

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Poland
Is the number you recieved sms / call from in your contacts list?

Plz check.

@ Robb
Yes the phone number is in my contacts list, but in the sms it starts with +316...... instead of 06.... but before that didn't matter?

@ cjard
I have rebooted my phone multiple times but I will try to send an sms and see what it does.

Ok this is weird, I just opened up my conversations list and now I see all the names again

A friend of mine just send me an sms and his number was in my contact list, but I just see +316.... and not his name..

Last edited by Nederlandhc; 2011-03-07 at 10:39. Reason: useless to do another reply so quickly

Ok I think I've found the problem, somehow my contacts got doubled... Now I merged them and everything is alright.

But know I'm also confused because I did this yesterday 2 times and now I have to do it again?

A well problem is solved I guess.

Thank you guys.