Active Topics

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by glabifrons View Post
Is there a command that brings up the dashboard?
http://wiki.maemo.org/Phone_control#Show_dashboard

The Following User Says Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida
Thank you very much for this.

dbus-send /com/nokia/hildon_desktop com.nokia.hildon_desktop.exit_app_view
^^ This does exactly what I want.

Unfortunately, I was hoping integrating it into systemui.xml would be more obvious.

I tried adding the following (modified from the xterm top example), but it does nothing, so I obviously don't understand how the calls are made:

Code:
 <menuitem priority="800" name="Dashboard">
  <callback service="com.nokia.hildon_desktop.exit_app_view" path="/com/nokia/hildon_desktop/exit_app_view" interface="com.nokia.hildon_desktop.exit_app_view" method="exit_app_view" bus="session" autostart="true">
  </callback>
 </menuitem>
Anyone know how I can integrate that call into systemui.xml (properly, so it actually works)?

I thought about copying the top in xterm example and changing top to the command line from the wiki, but I'd like to understand the correct way to do this (and launching an xterm for this seems like massive overkill).
A pointer to a doc that explains how to navigate the dbus hierarchy would be appreciated.

Edit: Is there a log file I can parse for errors? Nothing shows up in dmesg.

Last edited by glabifrons; 2011-03-15 at 03:23.

Well... I've been digging (and digging and digging) through threads and wikis and I still haven't found anything close to what I'm looking for.

When I search for systemui.xml syntax, I find threads on adding a reboot menu option to the power button menu (by simply uncommenting what's already in the XML).
When I search for d-bus documentation, I find lots on using it for triggers, some on issuing commands via shell command-line, but nothing relevant to the syntax used in systemui.xml.

Does anyone know of documentation on the syntax used in systemui.xml?
I've tried variations on what I posted above... all show a button, none work.

Well, I think I'm giving up on this one... I haven't found a reasonable way to accomplish what I'm trying to do (and I have to pick my battles with limited time these days).

As an alternative, I've installed shortcutd and am using the camera button for bringing up the dashboard. It's a lot more sensitive than I'd like, but at least it solves the problem.

If I stumble over the info I need, I'll update this thread with the new code I come up with.

This is cool however how can I run a script without it bringing up an xterm? I have copied the entry for panucci and altered it as such:

Code:
  <menuitem priority="3" name="Panucci">
    <icon>panucci</icon>
    <callback service="com.nokia.HildonDesktop.AppMgr" 
      path="/com/nokia/HildonDesktop/AppMgr" 
      interface="com.nokia.HildonDesktop.AppMgr" 
      method="LaunchApplication" bus="session" 
      autostart="true">
      <argument type="string">(path to my script)</argument>
    </callback>
  </menuitem>
However it brings up an xterm when the script runs!

How can I have an entry that does not bring up an xterm?

p.s. my script is simply a command to un/mount swap from my SD card so it can be removed for some reason.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Instead of using (path to my script) create a .desktop file to call your script and place it under /usr/share/applications/hildon

Something like this:

Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Terminal=true
Name=Soft Restart
Exec=path_to_myscript
Icon=softrestart
X-HildonDesk-ShowInToolbar=false
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable
Then call the .desktop from the .xml just by introducing its name (without the .desktop extension)

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
I would add Wallet and Contacts applications. Can you help me?

Thanks

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ staffordshire, uk
hi, guys i was messin around with this yesterday and well yh didn't back up original an now only the phone one shows up, could someone post either the original or one modified with the reboot, not fussed as to either

i was tryin to ad sudo gainroot from this guide http://apps.facebook.com/social-rss/...er-key-menu%2F

It's not often the stuff i type is helpful/useful so say thanks if it is

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Liverpool, England
Originally Posted by try-alls View Post
hi, guys i was messin around with this yesterday and well yh didn't back up original an now only the phone one shows up, could someone post either the original or one modified with the reboot, not fussed as to either

i was tryin to ad sudo gainroot from this guide http://apps.facebook.com/social-rss/...er-key-menu%2F
here is mine with the sudo button and a killall im messin with just delete the killall (it just ends all open message and browser windows)
Attached Files
File Type: tar Systemui.tar (10.0 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by poogash; 2011-04-01 at 18:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to poogash For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ staffordshire, uk
cheers an the kill all sound bloody useful, nice one

It's not often the stuff i type is helpful/useful so say thanks if it is

The Following User Says Thank You to try-alls For This Useful Post: