Active Topics

Notices

Hey all

I'm having a problem with cutetube, hopefully this is a minor issue and can be fixed. It's my favourite app.

Yesterday I had to reboot the os on my phone (done through ovi software). naturally I lost all my apps.

now I can't watch or download any videos on cutetube. I've tried through several wifi and my 3gs connections, no luck.

Do I need to download any codecs or supporting software to make cutetube work?

thanks

John

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Do you have the latest version (0.9.10) from extras-testing? The version in extras does not work, since YouTube made some changes to the web page code.

My website

GitHub

thanks marxian, yes, got this version from extras.

No worries, will d/load previous version.

Appreciate the help.

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
maybe a good idea to promote the extras-testing version with your vote:http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...tube/0.9.10-5/

The Following User Says Thank You to raily For This Useful Post:
The black screen of death:

Best way I can describe what's happened here. I've read every post and tried every suggestion previously posted, but I cannot get cutetube working.

Stuart (marxian), as app developer can you advise a fix? I had to reinstall the os last week, first app I re-downloaded was cutetube. Its by miles the best video/media app available, but I just cannot get it to either play or download video.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Can you go to the 'About' screen and tell me which version you have installed? If it is not 0.9.10, then you need to enable the extras-testing repository and upgrade to the latest version. Earlier versions will not work due to some changes to the YouTube web pages.

On the 'About' screen, you should see this:

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-04-03 at 15:50.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
I'm not quite ready to vote up cutetube yet because the initial setup didn't work properly and I had to then delete my account and re-add it typing in the info again before it would connect, and it kept saying it couldn't auth before I had done this although I had the correct password in.

Should hunt for garage and add to the bugtracker shouldn't I, but its late and bedtime..

Hi,
PLZ PLZ, at the moment i m on cutetube 0.9.9 and its not working anymore , I wana download its latest version.. AS i am not good with mobiles and i don't know nufin about extra devel etc, Would you please please help me. I wana do the latest version or upgrade to latest version of cutetube.. Would u plz tell me what to do in steps....
A help wud be Appreciated.....

hi there mate
Hi,
PLZ PLZ, at the moment i m on cutetube 0.9.9 and its not working anymore , I wana download its latest version.. AS i am not good with mobiles and i don't know nufin about extra devel etc, Would you please please help me. I wana do the latest version or upgrade to latest version of cutetube.. Would u plz tell me what to do in steps....

Originally Posted by a4ahsansaab View Post
Hi,
0.9.10 has been promoted to extras, so you can update using the Application Manager. Just launch the Application Manager and select 'Update'.

My website

GitHub