Notices

i could retrieve my passwords by downgrading pysafe.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
since the last CSSU upgrade is PySafe not working anymore, it always says "invalid password". Also the password is retrieved from the a typeahead buffer and is visible for the part not entered (and replaced by stars) yet.

Included in the CSSU was QT 4.7.2, replacing the Qt 4.7.0. Maybe the PySide needs modification as well if it's not supporting it? But I remember reading the release of the lastest PySide quite recently. Probably it would support 4.7.2.

Maybe an added dependency to the latest PySide version or so ? Or a genuine bug in one of the components?

I'm locked out of all my passwords now.

Can you check if you see the same behaviour and if possible, fix it ?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Netweaver View Post
since the last CSSU upgrade is PySafe not working anymore...
I know this isn't necessarily helpful to you, but I just wanted to mention that I am having no issues with PySafe after installing yesterday's CSSU release. After seeing your comment I tried to open PySafe and it had no problem recognizing my password, and all of my data in the database is as it was before. I am using v 0.9.15.

Last edited by Grant; 2011-04-12 at 14:53.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Pompey, UK
I've got exactly the same problem as Netweaver.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Paris, France
Hi, I had the same problem. In fact I think that now the field is considered a normal field and as such, the first letter is automatically in uppercase.

So if your first letter is in lowercase, you should try to press the maj key before entering your first letter so it written in lowercase and not in uppercase and if the first letter of your password is in uppercase, then you musn't press the maj key because the letter is already written in uppercase by the system.

I know it is strange but it works for me !

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
Indeed, I also figured out something similar, so I'm now getting in most of the time, sometimes with trial and error.

It would be nice if the developer could adjust the input field type to be a password field again, because now even the password is stored as plaintext in the word typeahead db ...

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Pompey, UK
Originally Posted by titou1234 View Post
Hi, I had the same problem. In fact I think that now the field is considered a normal field and as such, the first letter is automatically in uppercase.

So if your first letter is in lowercase, you should try to press the maj key before entering your first letter so it written in lowercase and not in uppercase and if the first letter of your password is in uppercase, then you musn't press the maj key because the letter is already written in uppercase by the system.

I know it is strange but it works for me !
Thanks for the tip.

My password is purely numeric, and even using the Fn key for each character doesn't work for me.

Even though the numeric password comes up auto-completed......

Today, I realised that the problem has gone (no more caps and auto-complete).
I'm not sure what was the solution, but I think that it is the CSSU update (version 20.2010.36-2maemo15).

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Florence, Italy
For me the problem is still presents.
After updating the CSSU the password field is considered as normal field so the first letter is uppercase. Now , as suggested from titou1234, i'm pressing the maj key to workaround this problem.

Can someone else confirm or not that the problem is still presents?

Yes I can confirm that the problem came back with the CSSU update (version 20.2010.36-2maemo16): first letter is uppercase and autocomplete is enabled.
But I don't know what we can do. jaguilar any idea ?