Active Topics

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
REALLY?!
Thats a really new fact for me. I have a big problem remembering names and faces. Numbers are no problem for me as for many others. And I'm able to sort them without any problems. I can tell you within seconds which one is the biggest and ergo the newest version.

I have a puzzle for you:

Symbian Anna
Symbian Roswita
Symbian Helga
Symbian Cintia
Symbian Doris
Symbian Fatma
Symbian Cindy
Symbian Christine
Symbian Birgit
Symbian Tamara
Symbian Barbara

Which one is the newest release?
If a app runs under "Birgit", will it work at "Helga"?!
i have a answer for you, i am not saying to ditch numbering, i am saying that names along with numer helps
i am also not saying that small updates should have names.
Ps your example for dying symbian is bad one:P
All symbian users dreams about so many girls

I have question for you, whats the name of latest android for phones? whats the version number? You probably remember both but when you talk about latest android, you say gingerbread.

I am just saying that i think words are more natural for most people then numbers

i think symbian will fallow naming new update like android way(alphabet),
A - anna
B - bina (maybe)
C - cindy
D - dina
etc,,,,,,,

Maybe"""""" :-)

Bytheway,i had E72 b4 so E6 looks awesome on preveiw

Last edited by c:drive; 2011-04-18 at 09:08.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
symbian Anna is for sure a rename of symbian 4. I have to admit even if I prefer Meego/Maemo the new UI in symbian looks promising.

I hope it will succes and tthe new symbian phones sells like hell in europeen and asia.

I hope the stupid board directors, payed by Microsoft, get kicked in theyr fat asses cause they decided go wp7.

But I guess I am just naive cause the directorsboard will for sure do everything to make symbian/Meego fail.

Originally Posted by maniu View Post
It is simply a name of update. It logical that they have started using names, most people will remember it easily, not like numbers.
It took way to long to understand this by companies and google is the first one to truly start using it.

Anyway, it is for us
Debian has been doing it for several years if not since it was born

The Following User Says Thank You to xabier For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Maybe they should use the Ubuntu naming convention, so "Adventurous Anna", "Beautiful Bridget", "Classy Claire" etc.

lol.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
Maybe they should use the Ubuntu naming convention, so "Adventurous Anna", "Beautiful Bridget", "Classy Claire" etc.

lol.
Jeah. Just dont let it get "B1tchy Bridget", "Slow Sarah" and "Unresponsive Ursula"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zdanee View Post
Jeah. Just dont let it get "B1tchy Bridget", "Slow Sarah" and "Unresponsive Ursula"
And don't forget to include there Deaf Doris, Fat Fiona, Greedy Gina, Expensive Esther, Quiet Questa, Call-dropping Cynthia, and a special edition for the most loyal users only, Naughty Nataly.

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Maemo 6/Harmattan should be renamed Trixie or Sapphire, like the sticky stripper she is. So much promise, such little satisfaction...

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Maemo 6/Harmattan should be renamed Trixie or Sapphire, like the sticky stripper she is. So much promise, such little satisfaction...
Dunno. It seems more like a miscarriage, waiting for montsh just to see her die.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Anna looks fast on X7