Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
I continue to suffer from a reproduction of the voices. The commands reach the omVoiceServer but does not play the audio.

Ok,

got the new .html file in there and it loads....still no voice ??
Can I use the same voice files as listed in Jiri's link?

http://static.s2g.gate5.de/maploader...english_us.zip

I extracted these as he suggested, but I'm using OMVS to browse to the folder /english_us/english_us_male/

or should I be pointing to a specific file?

J

Last edited by janszoon; 2011-04-18 at 20:50.

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by ScarCow View Post
@Vivimak, try 'run-standalone.sh /home/opt/maemo/omvoiceserver' in terminal. Segmentation fault is like run-time error in windows.
Did try that too , I will uninstall the community SSU pr and try it again. Do you get voice with maps, I don't and therefore I it might be that the OVS isn't running at all.

By the way, for me the gui for omvoiceservice doesn't start. Even if i try from commmand line, it runs the program (i can see it in ps), but no gui and no error or any kind of message. Any idea why this might be?

-sc

Originally Posted by janszoon View Post
Ok,

got the new .html file in there and it loads....still no voice ??
Can I use the same voice files as listed in Jiri's link?

http://static.s2g.gate5.de/maploader...english_us.zip

I extracted these as he suggested, but I'm using OMVS to browse to the folder /english_us/english_us_male/

or should I be pointing to a specific file?

J
for my setup, my voice file has a config.xml for the respective voice, for english_us, the file is under /english_us/ directory

I have two different voice files, I point the voice location to diskcache\voice and then you can select the voice you want on the selection box above.

good luck

Originally Posted by cheve View Post
for my setup, my voice file has a config.xml for the respective voice, for english_us, the file is under /english_us/ directory

I have two different voice files, I point the voice location to diskcache\voice and then you can select the voice you want on the selection box above.

good luck
Ok well thats my problem I think...
I'm not getting anything on the 'selection box' above even if browsing to the /voices folder that has the config.xml file.

I'm also not getting anything in the 'test commands' box (not sure what this screen is actually meant to look like)

so do I have a OMVS setup issue or a conflict with another package?

J

Last edited by janszoon; 2011-04-18 at 22:45.

ok, got the two voice files appearing now in OMVS 'selection box' and test command working successfully for both.

still no voice in maps though?

Originally Posted by janszoon View Post
ok, got the two voice files appearing now in OMVS 'selection box' and test command working successfully for both.

still no voice in maps though?
Are you trying without network connection? if so, please check out post#340, it may be helpful.

good luck

Originally Posted by cheve View Post
Are you trying without network connection? if so, please check out post#340, it may be helpful.

good luck
tried both, no luck.

my setup requires an internet connection for all searches....but routing can be done offline.

Edit: Actually I have read the WIKI page: http://wiki.maemo.org/Ovi_Maps_Extra..._OmVoiceServer and it suggests that a search 'should be' seen in the OMVS after doing one in Ovi Maps. THis is not the case for me. it is blank,

maybe this is related?

Last edited by janszoon; 2011-04-19 at 04:45.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cape Town
Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
I continue to suffer from a reproduction of the voices. The commands reach the omVoiceServer but does not play the audio.
I have the same situation. In the omVoiceServer logs I can see it's getting the commands from ovimaps but no audio is played

Same problem here. Got the messages that OmVoiceServer received the sounds, but it doesn't play them. Testing eSpeack and the Commands worked fine for me.

No critics, just a hint for the developers. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
blck

Last edited by blck; 2011-04-19 at 21:59.