Active Topics

Closed Thread
Sorry for ask a question that somehow maybe someone already answered but I canīt find the answer....

is about the overlock in the CSSU
in the PR 1.3 I had my n900 overclocked, I have "Enhanced Linus kernel for power users" installed
after I installed the CSSU, the cpufreqUI (GUI to manage the overclock) shows only the standarts frequences, 250 to 600... I afraid to uninstall and install....

what you all think?

Thanks!

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
My experience is to the contrary:

With CSSU, mild overclock to 850MHz and Swappolube I seem to be getting at least as good battery life - possibly better.

I do understand it is hard to be objective about battery life, but I am still on my original, now 12-month-old battery - which must've lost some capacity over that time.

I don't recall any mentions of battery optimisation work included in the CSSU program to date, so I can only conclude that CSSU allows you to get more done in less time.

With 2-3 calls a day, about 2 hrs browsing, approx 25Mb of downloads and playing music/podcasts over FM Tx for approx 1.5 hrs in the same day I'll easily get through the day and often don't need to recharge until 1000hrs the following day, whereas I always used to have to recharge every night.

As a benchmark, my N8 will add a half day to my N900's duration with the same use pattern. The N8 is a contemporary device with what is regarded as highly enviable battery life, so I am very impressed with my 2009-designed N900 with CSSU.

Last edited by NokTokDaddy; 2011-04-25 at 06:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to NokTokDaddy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
As has been mentioned on here before, check your GPS settings. I had much shortened battery life, until I went into control panel and switched off GPS - it seemed to be on even though no icon was in the status area. Once I switched it off, battery life was back to normal.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JohnLF For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
As has been mentioned on here before, check your GPS settings. I had much shortened battery life, until I went into control panel and switched off GPS - it seemed to be on even though no icon was in the status area. Once I switched it off, battery life was back to normal.
Just to confirm, I went into settings, and it is ticked 'enabled' on GPS... but does that mean GPS is on all the time? Not just when I use maps or things that require GPS?
Malaysian N900 user!!!

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
Just an Idea or may be a suggesstion came into my mind and thought of sharing... in the next update will it be possiable to check the running applications of DASHBOARD right from the homescreen,

something like these...

can this be possiable .....

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
@cssu team , would that any change to toogle hildon menu beetwen small icon and large , I myself prefer large icon in hildon menu more touch friendly,
like current symbian 3,

Just curious, when is the next CSSU update planned?

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
my battery life has increased since installing CSSU. liking the idea of being able to toggle icon size

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel85 View Post
Just to confirm, I went into settings, and it is ticked 'enabled' on GPS... but does that mean GPS is on all the time? Not just when I use maps or things that require GPS?
I disabled it there and seemed to get better battery life, so maybe it was on I don't know.
After a reboot, ensure you are undervolting if you are overclocking and let us know how you get on. I overclock to 1150Mhz with the ulv profile and am back to 2-3 days idle or a whole day of heavy use.

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Is it possible to add conversations only to autorotate? I dont want to have forced rotation enabled, as some apps dont work well in portrait but conversations does after I installed a portraitsupported theme.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade