Active Topics

Poll: Do you think MeeGo OS is dead?
Poll Options
Do you think MeeGo OS is dead?

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ The great land of vikings - Denmark
Until the aftermath of the largest mass firing in the Finnish mobile giant Nokia's history is now that the entire Nokia's big bet with chip giant Intel on a new common operating system for mobile phones and small PCs are scrapped within a year!

According to an internal memorandum seen by the British site "The Register" has seen the entire MeeGo operating system be closed in late June 2012.

The long-term successor to Symbian Meego also faces an early death. Nokia now tells staff that the majority of MeeGo activities are planned to be discontinued by the end of June 2012, adding: "The Windows Phone organization has started to ramp up its operations and a large part of that organization will be in place by the end of 2011, and Nokia aims to retain as many people as possible from other areas, such as the Symbian and MeeGo organizations.

"There will also be opportunities within the Meltemi organization, for personnel working within the MeeGo teams.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/04...kia_cuts_memo/

Last edited by kbs-dk; 2011-04-29 at 21:46.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
You mean no FUTURE right?

However, regardless what you meant this thread is useless

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ The great land of vikings - Denmark
- And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future...

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Well June 2012 thats the time when Microshit has merged the greatest stuf from Nokias Meego to WP8.

and 2013 Nokia is ripdead and the Americans who prefer Microsoft will love it.

Personally **** them all.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
@OP
rather than making end of the world thread titles, perhaps you could try "Meego - no future at Nokia."

Once again the vast majority (including the media) seems to be of the misconception that without Nokia, there is no Meego.

EPIC FAIL

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:
For. The. Last. F*CKING. Time.

NOKIA!=MEEGO.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
And which one of our resident trolls created an account for this compelling thread?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Why would it die?
It's open source.. We can get/have the source! We can just build what WE want... Aint dead.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Even I've known that MeeGo has no future at Nokia; but the silence (read: no delivered products) from MeeGo hardware is a problem to me.

Regardless... wait and see is the only thing to do. Meanwhile, install MeeGo 1.2 Developer's Edition on your N900 for a glimpse of what could have been.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ under the sky
all i can say is sad!

The Following User Says Thank You to TDSii For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo lives, n900 dead, purge-abill