Active Topics

Notices

Nicolai,

Strangely, yes it does happen sometime. The phone vibrates for a while but the blue light never gets invoked. So I would sometime check and think: another spam got blocked.

I'm willing to test, but being a newbie, I am not sure of the steps of loading the notification-ui, and what to do about the packages posted. Will do that on some free time, as I usually get some free sms from my network.

so, any news on this?

oh, and if it's not too much to ask, will you integrate a call blocker as well in this apps on the next releases?
since I see both are having similar use (and lots of call and sms blocker for symbian out there are bundled together), and the trick to blocking calls have been publicly available
pycallblocker is great and fully functional. it's too bad that it doesn't have nice GUI and no extra features (phone number pattern, blacklist/whitelist, scheduler)

I'm one of the first people who purchased the N900, and I've used almost every application posted on this site.

This is one the most useful application, and adding a bit more features will make it a must have application for all n900 users.

The Following User Says Thank You to lmurad For This Useful Post:
Hi, I know that you've decided not to maintain this project any longer since you've said that it's costly to test the SMS functionality of this program

but will you consider feature requests on the logic or the UI? though still imperfect, but I'm still happy with this program, and wish to have some more features. Is that possible?

1. Spam filter
I guess you can just add 1 option to enable spam filter that will block: any numbers with letters (in my country, all customer numbers should only be digits. so any letters would be considered as spam/ads sms), numbers less than N digits, as spam. though if you can make it user customizable that would be perfect, but a simple checking hard-coded to the source would be nice too

2. Change the UI to Modeless/Hildon stacked instead of Modal dialog
for now, if I want to copy/paste some numbers from conversations to message blocker settings, I don't know how to switch between apps easily. I have to close several dialogs in message blocker before switching to conversations, and later open message blocker again, and have to go through some clicks each time
and if you could put the settings outside the settings, that would save some clicks too (so I can just put it on my desktop)

Anyhow, thanks a lot for the great apps

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
I have been receiving anonymous text messages from telemarketers from random number. It is possible to only accept messages in your contact list?

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
not working for me :$
status bar showing the icon and i have number with and without country code.
plus a thing i have noticed.
after checking and clicking save opened that list again and those numbers were unchecked :$

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
doesnt work for me.... after enable the message blocker still i gets the messages....SMS and all...not working for me

Nice app, but I wish there was some options with it. It places itself into the settings menu and then all you can do is go into settings which has nothing, presumably it is just a blacklist to add numbers to. I was hoping there would be an option to disable the yellow notification for all incoming messages. I would keep the notification light and tone, its just the yellow bar thats annoying when you are playing a game, viewing a clip or something.

Nicolai, have you stopped working on this ?
I know you tool can not work totally because the closed parts in maemo, but i'd be glad if you put an option to:

1) Do not display messageblocker icon
2) Match the number against a substring , 'LIKE %NUMBER' if we were talking in SQL. So it would match with or without country code
3) An option (Checkbox) to really delete the message from the database. I believe you have the ID of the message, so you could just call the method that deletes an event passing the ID as parameters.

The Following User Says Thank You to colchaodemola For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by colchaodemola View Post
Nicolai, have you stopped working on this ?
I know you tool can not work totally because the closed parts in maemo, but i'd be glad if you put an option to:

1) Do not display messageblocker icon
2) Match the number against a substring , 'LIKE %NUMBER' if we were talking in SQL. So it would match with or without country code
3) An option (Checkbox) to really delete the message from the database. I believe you have the ID of the message, so you could just call the method that deletes an event passing the ID as parameters.
also for #3, instead of simply removing the message, there's an option to store a backup copy of this. and would be cool if there's a restore message feature as well