Active Topics

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
I'm getting "conflict with application packages: maemo-kernel config for multiboot" I'm currently using 2.6.28.10power46-wl1 and cannot boot into default power46 anymore. Is that the reason for the error?

Thx in advance for any help,

Greetz,

..::J4ZZ::..

Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Just upgraded from v46 to v47 using HAM, no issues so far everything runs smootly.

Now running power-kernel v47 and latest CSSU update.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
for a few weeks now ive had an update for bootmenu-n900 in fappman but it wont update.. error: handler silently failed.
can I remove this package or wot??? cheers

for those installed multoboot

kernel-bootimg gets pulled ie not installed.

sudo update again

and do apt-get install kernel-power-bootimg

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
not sure if you replied to me jo but i didnt install the new multiboot kernel part, what should i do? thanks

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
If one is able to recompile the kernel I will not call him noob. But if you feel like, it is not for you, wait until it is ready.
oppps , means it's not a complete version yet .
i will wait then .

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Hey guys,

I got a probleme when updating the kernel v47
its say "!!!! Linux kernel for power user (boot Image) breaks the 3rd party package policy" so it wont update

does some body know what the problem could be, mabay pali can help me

thnx in advance

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by pali View Post
I think I it NOT good idea to include this patch to power kernel in extras(-devel). I think is better to upload it _only_ to this forum (or to server).

This is big risk to break system...
No it is not. I don't want to clone KP but to enhance it. And btw extras-devel IS for software one takes risk to have broken system if installs SW from it. Read the wiki. And how is current (v47) better when it is breaking userland functionality (battery readings) . I am sure you have missed my point, don't like the other options.

So in case I have been unclear - I am trying to allow n900 users to be able to play/record 720p video on their devices. dspbridge driver upgrade is just first step. gstreamer-dsp, gstreamer-openmax, libbridge, omapfb - those are userland packages which have to be upgraded/installed too. I still don't have them packaged for upload to extras-devel , that is why I said that kernel patch should not be included in KP until those parts are ready. It does not mean it will burn you,your house or your n900 if installed, OK? And I think it is always better if anyone else but me is able to test/evaluate such huge patch, that is why I attach zip file here. Once I am ready with above mentioned packages(assuming there is kernel support) I plan to talk with MAG/nicolai to implement support for 720p in OMP and CUI2 respectively. But all this depends on kernel, agree?

I saw you recently become a part of CSSU team, well, tell me, should we hang MAG for including QT 4.7.2 with broken raster renderer in CSSU and breaking most of QT apps?

I really appreciate your efforts and hard work of being maintainer of KP and part of CSSU team, please, respect my work too.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Gill T View Post
Hey guys,

I got a probleme when updating the kernel v47
its say "!!!! Linux kernel for power user (boot Image) breaks the 3rd party package policy" so it wont update

does some body know what the problem could be, mabay pali can help me

thnx in advance
got the same issue. I did it from command-line instead and that worked. But I guess that update should be possible to do from the package manager as well.
Anyone who can clarify?

About the multiboot feature, is that like uboot or what do I have to do to boot from SD?
Nothing happened when I put in my SD with the MeeGo dev. on it. Maybe I'm not quite getting how its supposed to work.

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
for a few weeks now ive had an update for bootmenu-n900 in fappman but it wont update.. error: handler silently failed.
can I remove this package or wot??? cheers
Had the same problem with FAM; resolved it by having a tremendous amount of patience and ran HAM once, which resolved it. HAM came up with 2 updates instead of one (dependency problem ?) and managed to upgrade to the latest version.

I updated to the new kernel too and I LOVE IT !
My phone is much faster, snappier than almost ever before, and I have tried a lot !
PKv47, latest CSSU update, LV, CPU 250 - 805 MHz with SmartReflex Enabled .

Woohoo, I Luv my phone !

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou