Active Topics

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
There would have to be an announcement of what they will do differently than their current, all Microsoft path which... is locked in for another year I do believe.

Realistically, the increase will be a very slight bump more than likely; all tentative on who replaces him and what's announced as to what's upcoming.
The problem is, Elop has destroyed all the in-house alternatives they had, so I'm not sure how they could successfully change their strategy at this point :/

If it was true would think analysts would drop the stock like hot coal, because of the uncertainty. Until the replacement strategy was analysed.

But then, others with risk preference would run in. Anyway, too many rumours so I don't think it'll have much to say as long as it's nothing but.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
the rumor bout elopfire is plain stupid why on earth do people beleive this crap would happen two weeks before release of three wp8 devices?

Get over it, nokia has its WP strategy and they will not change!

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
the rumor bout elopfire is plain stupid why on earth do people beleive this crap would happen two weeks before release of three wp8 devices?

It's not a rumour dude, it's a serious issue atm that has been reported in the Finnish press

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
The problem is, Elop has destroyed all the in-house alternatives they had, so I'm not sure how they could successfully change their strategy at this point :/

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post

Geez... there is NO shortage of good material out there about this. I wonder why!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Dan, I have never come across a more anti troll fanboy than you. Why are you so anti against so much?

Except Google and posting images?

Now HTC losing ground an trying some new tricks to compete. Let's see how that turns out.
http://androidandme.com/2012/08/smar...ung-and-apple/

Nokia is biggest in the Windows segment, can reduced price give HTC the top spot?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-08-23 at 13:08.

Originally Posted by Dared View Post
It's not a rumour dude, it's a serious issue atm that has been reported in the Finnish press
And probvadly dissinformation a stupid translations as always. Again I ask why would they try fire Elop just a few weeks before announcement of three W8 phones? Also Nokia has NO CHANCE change strategy now, the investors probadly knows that too. Its WP8 Success OR drop dead atleast on hiend.

They have no chance now to come back with Meego or Symbian. So even IF they fire Elop its no point. Its already to late.

Not necessarily. Or rather, NOT AT ALL.

It's quite possible to adjust the strategy without going THE [our current] PLATFORM IS ON FIRE; DO NOT BUY!!! WE WILL BRING [alternative platform] PHONES NEXT YEAR!!!1!

Which is exactly what Elop is the kind of leader to already have done. Even if it'd be right to keep the Windows Phone strategy, they have the worst leader ever.

Originally Posted by volt View Post
Not necessarily. Or rather, NOT AT ALL.

It's quite possible to adjust the strategy without going THE [our current] PLATFORM IS ON FIRE; DO NOT BUY!!! WE WILL BRING [alternative platform] PHONES NEXT YEAR!!!1!

Which is exactly what Elop is the kind of leader to already have done. Even if it'd be right to keep the Windows Phone strategy, they have the worst leader ever.
so what would that other strategy doing!? Hiring back sw engineers ? Going android also? Buy qt from digia? Buy back factoys?

seriously its no possible even if theyr fire that joke.... Its too damn late...

There are people who can revise a strategy way more qualified to see opportunities of improvement than you, apparently. Than me too, so I am not going to play at answering your silly question like I was an experienced mobile business leader.

Elop is not the only person in the world capable of revising a strategy, if that's what you're thinking. What is clear even for me and you is that Nokia needs to get rid of the man who has managed to drive the stock price down from 11 dollars to 1.5 primarily because of the way he announced, communicated and implemented his new strategy. His mouth is Nokia's biggest risk.

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha