Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Feel free to offer suggestions where they are most relevant.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Feel free to offer suggestions where they are most relevant.
Sure! My first suggestion is this: if the topic is Stop Negativity, the answer is surely NOT "well then, lets have more news!!" Any glance at a newspaper will demonstrate that news does not necessarily lessen negativity -- it can increase negativity, in fact.

On the other hand, I would think that praising productive threads and drawing attention to them WOULD decrease negativity.

I hope this comment is not off-topic for the stop negativity thread.:

returning to a mainly overlooked aspect of the OP - I am delighted to see that I'm not alone in my purchase ethos & replacement cycle for consumer electronics - let's just say that my mobile phone prior to the n900 was my nokia 3210 - yep, the whole smartphone, , camera phone, music phone (etc) revolution happily passed me by until the n900 finally ticked enough boxes to prize open my wallet. Hell, I'd never even had a colour screen before :-)

It has also rekindled my love of unix (last encountered when I used to develop on SCO Unix V5, if anyone else here is old enough to have had that misfortune!).

I predict/expect that the n900 will be in my pocket for at least 5 years - 'cos it curently does, or can/will be able to do, everything I'll need it to, for the foreseable future.

I'll happily live without the inbuilt projector, 3D screen, laser, nano-printer, thought-dialling etc. innovations that are no doubt being prepped by the manufacturer's marketing dept's right now for another few phone generations ... until they boil down to a set of real world, working enhancements that allow me once again to own and carry one portable device that does 100% of things I need whilst on the move, all to at least a 75% level of satisfaction. Then i'll pony up another £500 and get back on the bus.

n900 is a watershed phone for people like me - oh and I missed its final killer plus - its design is actually robust. Not like the 3210, but it has a similar feal of chunky gravitas such that it may physically last as long as i aspire to keep it.

I guess this is the antithesis of the must-have-latest-and-greatest tech that predominates here (nowt wrong with that of course, if you have the money & the time) - but I thought it might be interesting to highlight the fact that n900 has probably brought a few phone dinosaurs back to the bleeding edge ;o)

The Following User Says Thank You to Pigro For This Useful Post:

Tags
criticize > complain, interpretation, n900 = negativity, n900 sucks donkey balls, sexist arse, tags rule whiners drool