Active Topics

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by imax View Post
Well it only seemed right that my first post should be on my new N900.
Been lurking (and learning) for a few weeks and am busy transferring and downloading before some customizing.

P.S. noobmonkey - first app downloaded - HealthCheck. Great work!
Wohooooooooooooo!!
(Just playing with the graphics now! new version not long away!)

Just realized!! I have never said hello in this thread!

Hi I'm Noobmonkey/Greg... Long time spammer, and long time lurker before the spamming

Don't forget all you lovely new people to add yourselves to the Maemo Map (Link in my signature!)
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Hi everyone,

I got my N900 a couple weeks ago, traded my iPhone 3G for it. Best decision I've made. I'm so not used to being able to actually customize my device without voiding a warranty, it's kind of weird to be honest. I don't even know where to begin.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kelly For This Useful Post:
hello everyone from spainĦĦ

Last edited by julsar; 2010-04-20 at 13:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to julsar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ n.j , u.s.a
hello , am Greek living in nj for the past two months.
the reason i join "the club" is that am buying the n900 next week , so another newbie with many questions is aboard , are you ready?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skianik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Cork, Ireland
Hey All,

I just registered yesterday from Ireland ( originally I'm from Hungary) , I have a Nokia N900 I like the Linux, so that's it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to notaridavid For This Useful Post:
Hello !

Just registered and wanted to say Hello

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raja For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ ON,CANADA
hi im a newbie linux user just got my n900 from my sister(and dumped my iphone 3gs )can anyone help how to start modding it.. u know best apps... customizing...
one more thing . my bluetooth and my wlan i think theres a problem i cant turn on my bluetooth and my wlan/wifi its always says no connection
im on n900
ver: 3.2010.02-8-002
maemo 5
i hope someone can help me
its ...AIRA btw ..25 .. ON canada

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smirnnoff_gurl905 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Hello!

I've been watching the forums for quite a while, even since before i got my n900 and love maemo.org and my n900!

Its simply fantastic and i know it will bring future opportunities such as more ported OS-es and/or virtual machines.

I heard alot of moaning from people already saying we dont have enaugh apps for maemo. Since it's not as mainstream and it's open-scourseness I find that prety logically, but since debian came up on N900 and other emulators as well, we might have a similar number of applications within reach than Iphone or Androids not too far in the future.

IMO: My N900 can do, 99% of what your rivalry phone can & more =)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blipnl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Staffordshire, UK
Hi there

Thought I would say hi as I have had my N900 now for a month. Very impressed with it so far and having fun trying out some of the alterations you guys have posted in other threads.

I live in Staffordshire, England and have already added my pin to the map

Cheers

NiftyWolfie

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiftyWolfie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Las Vegas
Hello everyone from Las Vegas!

So after owning an N810 since July of '08 and having gotten an N900 for Christmas, I finally broke down and registered here.

On the whole, I really love my two devices. I was formerly a longtime Palm aficionado. But by the time I had bought my last Palm, a LifeDrive, it was becoming obvious to me that Palm was going nowhere. Then one day I started looking around for a replacement. I saw some video of a guy plaing Doom with a Wiimote on an N810 one day and I was hooked.

A little more than a year getting my N810, the N900 came out. I'd always wanted a phone, but everything out at the time was kind of a disappointment for me. Everything seemed to be based around locked-down app stores where everything seemed so oversimplified. I wanted something I could do anything with. Sure, the N900 might not be for everybody, and sometimes Nokia's approach to some things leaves a few things to be desired. But where else can you find a phone that can play Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, or for that matter anything else, with a Wiimote or PS3 controller? Hell, I even recycled my old N810 into a server with the help of Easy Debian.

These things are really the gifts that keep on giving. I really don't know where I'd find myself had Nokia not decided to undertake the grand experiment that is Maemo. They've really got gold here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FreeThinker For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org