Notices

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Make a .music folder on the memory card.
Other (non-linux?) phone sees the folder and plays the music.
N900 hides the folder completely.

Eithier way this is off-topic for OMP as it's a tracker issue.
Actually, I'd rather have Tracker ignore the music folder in emmc, since the cards is present most of the time.
I think it's not totally off-topic, since my question is still about a problem concerning OMP, so I dare to not open a new thread and ask here:
How do I make Tracker ignore that directory?
Aren't ALL the standard folders in MyDocs on emmc hidden by default (which has always struck me as totally weird)? If so, I don't think they'd get ignored, because the file manager does show them (Maemo stock fm shows them without a period, in Filebox it's there).

As said just use dot as beginning of folder name, and it's ignored.

You can also define custom ignored folder sin tracker config.

BTw, I got confirmation, that recent tracker problems with OGG, Flac, and all formats above standard ones, *may* be related to CSSU. merlin1991 is working on it.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
Actually, I'd rather have Tracker ignore the music folder in emmc, since the cards is present most of the time.
I think it's not totally off-topic, since my question is still about a problem concerning OMP, so I dare to not open a new thread and ask here:
How do I make Tracker ignore that directory?
Aren't ALL the standard folders in MyDocs on emmc hidden by default (which has always struck me as totally weird)? If so, I don't think they'd get ignored, because the file manager does show them (Maemo stock fm shows them without a period, in Filebox it's there).
To edit tracker ignore list in a nice easy way install 'trackercfg' by nicolai. Through it you can set all trackers options.

Tracker has always worked great for me. I have found if you do not try to restrict it (low memory mode+throttling) and just let it finish its stuff quickly then I have no problems.

Also, disable content indexing.

The only problem I have had was thumbnailerd throwing a fit at a broken thumbnail, however that was over a year and a half ago when I was still a freman(tle)oob.

If you stop tracker from indexing one of your sources, then you will have to rebuild the database evertime you want to switch sources.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
gdizzz, apart tracker problem with ogg/flac being a fact (CSSU bug), are You sure, that there isn't anything wrong in OMP too? I'm unable to play .ogg files, even if I try to open them directly, as a files (from folders) - OMP starts, show file name, but count it's total play time as -00:01 second, and trying "play" result in nothing (to be precise, for a milisecond something start, then return to point 0).

Or is it side effect of tracker problems?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by megaexer View Post
I think the settings dialog should have word wrap in portrait mode so translators like me wouldn't have to type abbreviations or line breaks into longer strings. Those would unnecessarily show up in landscape mode too.
It's certainly a good idea, but Qt buttons don't have this built-in, so it's not so straightforward (but hopefully doable).

Isn't it better to hide the forced language code into some config file where you can change it? Or maybe a drop-down list with languages?
It's quite possible that it will be either hidden or replaced with something more elegant, but I'll probably wait with it until I stop peeking at translations or do a makeover of the settings window.

Also you might want to make "Selected song set as ringing tone" translatable.
Thanks for the nice find.

Originally Posted by MastaG View Post
Anyways if video-playlists are too much to ask, then at least let it play the next video
Look for "Continuous video playback" in the settings window (after downloading today's update). Managing video playlists is on my to-do, but in "just an idea" section for now.

Originally Posted by saponga View Post
Almost done. I just didn't figured out what the commands "override FMTX" and "Append opened songs" supposedly do.
Are the descriptions in the wiki (http://wiki.maemo.org/Open_Media_Player) clear enough?

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
gdizzz, apart tracker problem with ogg/flac being a fact (CSSU bug), are You sure, that there isn't anything wrong in OMP too? I'm unable to play .ogg files, even if I try to open them directly, as a files (from folders) - OMP starts, show file name, but count it's total play time as -00:01 second, and trying "play" result in nothing (to be precise, for a milisecond something start, then return to point 0).

Or is it side effect of tracker problems?
After reinstalling Extra Decoders Support and its dependencies (just Ogg Support might have been enough, but I didn't care to do it one-by-one) everything went back to normal and I can happily play .ogg and .flac. I think updating Tracker cleared some info about registered mime types (you can maybe confirm that by running "tracker-info path/to/file.ogg" and looking for contradictions, IIRC that helped me with the solution), so they had to be registered again.

I think OMP has nothing to do with it. The playback is probably broken because MAFW is thinking that you're trying to feed it a non-audio file (and the reason is Tracker's incomplete mime info).

Woohoo! I have an update ready and although the changelog might not look spectacular at the first glance, it's a very significant release, because (if I'm not mistaken) it marks the achievement of all important features of the stock media player. Of course, many things need to be polished, but It should be quite possible to live completely without the stock player from now on (but don't think about uninstalling it yet )
  • Added an option to prevent audio from being interrupted by sound notifications.
  • Added support for video stream bookmarks.
  • Added an option to keep playing further videos when the current one ends.
  • Properly rotate the bookmark dialog.
  • The bookmark button in radio "Now playing" works.
  • Fixed an untranslatable string.
  • New translation: Portuguese (Brazil) by VGs and saponga.
  • Updated translations.

The first listed feature is enabled by default, to imitate the stock player. It will make things like SMS and IM notifications emit only a quiet beep and the music will keep going, without nasty gaps. The behavior can be configured differently for locked and unlocked screen.

The second feature sounds very humble, but it's rather extensive, because it includes separating audio from video stations, a button in video "Now playing", changes to the bookmark editing window and so on.

There's also one important thing regarding video bookmarks: it's quite different from the stock player. Nokia's way is to throw all videos into the video browser, no matter if they're stored locally or if they're just bookmarked addresses of video streams. In OMP, however, video bookmarks are accessible through the radio browser. Excluding "shuffle all", there are only 3 icons in the main window, so I think i makes more sense to divide media into {local music, local videos, remote music and videos} than {local music, local and remote videos, remote music}. Any objections? What do you think?

P.S. I'm sorry if I have written something stupid or forgot something in the update, I'm dead tired, will check for complaints after getting some rest (BTW, Estel, why do I have a feeling that you never sleep? ).

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
I like OMP. Have some pizza.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Thanks for all the hard work!

The Following User Says Thank You to xenoglyph For This Useful Post:
Thanks a lot for this milestone update, and all of Your hard work!

Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
After reinstalling Extra Decoders Support and its dependencies (just Ogg Support might have been enough, but I didn't care to do it one-by-one) everything went back to normal and I can happily play .ogg and .flac. I think updating Tracker cleared some info about registered mime types (you can maybe confirm that by running "tracker-info path/to/file.ogg" and looking for contradictions, IIRC that helped me with the solution), so they had to be registered again.

I think OMP has nothing to do with it. The playback is probably broken because MAFW is thinking that you're trying to feed it a non-audio file (and the reason is Tracker's incomplete mime info).
I'll try this method - I've reinstalled ogg-support, and it's post-install scripts registered mimetypes with tracker, but I'm still unable to play any .ogg file. Maybe reinstalling dependencies too will do the trick. Thanks for suggestion!

There's also one important thing regarding video bookmarks: it's quite different from the stock player. Nokia's way is to throw all videos into the video browser, no matter if they're stored locally or if they're just bookmarked addresses of video streams. In OMP, however, video bookmarks are accessible through the radio browser. Excluding "shuffle all", there are only 3 icons in the main window, so I think i makes more sense to divide media into {local music, local videos, remote music and videos} than {local music, local and remote videos, remote music}. Any objections? What do you think?
Sounds reasonable.

(BTW, Estel, why do I have a feeling that you never sleep? ).
Haha, You're not first one to ask me about it Well, it seems, that my sleep is quite unregular in very unhealthy manner

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
I've noticed a bug with the video playback, if you start a video, go back to the list of videos, and immediately go to the tasknav, you'll notice that it unsuccessfully tries to open a 2nd window a few times.

About the missing ogg/flac support, I was able to reproduce the missing files in the tracker db after the tracker update (which can be fixed with a few dbus calls or a reinstallation of ogg-support), but couldn't reproduce not being able to play the files in question.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I'll try this method - I've reinstalled ogg-support, and it's post-install scripts registered mimetypes with tracker, but I'm still unable to play any .ogg file. Maybe reinstalling dependencies too will do the trick. Thanks for suggestion!
Still no joy Even after reinstalling ogg-support and it's direct dependencies, I can't play any .ogg file. .flac files does work, though.

When trying to play .ogg files, mediaplayer just "skips" through whole list, unsuccessfully trying to start every single file on list. If it's .ogg, it fails.
---

I'm absolutely sure, that same files played perfectly well some time ago. WTF? Maybe it's something FCKD in my device's side?

/Estel

// Edit
I've tried reinstalling decoders-support and it's dependencies too (in addition to ogg-support and it's dependencies - ogg-support is, for one, dependency of decoders-support) - still no joy.

Progress, is that I now see my .ogg albums/playlist/artists properly, and while trying to play them, open media player shows their correct length. Still, attempt to play any .ogg file result in immediate skip to next song, without slightest sign of sound.

Same apply for Theora video files - I'm absolutely sure that they worked fine (well, I encoded them for use with N900), but now, attempt to play them result in pop-up message about missing "application/annodex decoder plugin" (WTF is that?).

Flac files, hoever, works fine.

Any ideas? I would love to be able to play my .ogg's and theora's again

Ps.

I've tried playback via mediabox (which is different player for Maemo, but using mafw), and results were same.

Of course, playback via mplayer and it's frontends works well, but it's not related (just to confirm, that files are ok).

// Edit 2

Unrelated to my problem, but related to open media player - just after trying to watch theora video (which fails), mediaplayer tries to open new windows 10-15 times (probably, x many times, where x is ammount of videos I have), kicking me into tasknav, forcibly, no matter if I'm doing something else or not It stops only after skipping through whole video list.

Just to make things clear - those video are, normally, working in media player, and this skipping video fenomena is not related to being unable to play something.

Why I know it's kipping through videos? Despite it doing it fast, sometimes, I see first frame for a fraction of second. It may be related to problem observed by merlin.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Last edited by Estel; 2012-06-26 at 05:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse