Active Topics

Notices

source is in extras-devel. No opengl-es, sorry.

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hungary
I edited /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51 file
Code:
 // 3. row
    key <AB01>	{ [	z,		Z,		sterling,	sterling	] };
    key <AB02>	{ [	x,		X,		dollar,		dollar		] };
    key <AB03>	{ [	c,		C,		EuroSign,	EuroSign	] };
    key <AB04>	{ [	v,		V,		slash,		slash		] };
    key <AB05>	{ [	b,		B,		backslash,	backslash	] };
    key <AB06>	{ [	n,		N,		quotedbl,	quotedbl	] };
    key <AB07>	{ [	m,		M,		apostrophe,	apostrophe	] };
    key <SPCE>	{ [	space,		Tab,		at,		at		] };
    key <BKSP>	{ [	BackSpace,	Escape,	Delete,	Delete		] };
Shift+BackSpace = Esc
Fn+BackSpace = Del
Shift + Space = Tab

All working really well for me except for one minor niggle: any idea of how to get it to run in full screen? Mine appears only in a small square in the top left at the mo

Many thanks

Originally Posted by Glue View Post
All working really well for me except for one minor niggle: any idea of how to get it to run in full screen? Mine appears only in a small square in the top left at the mo

Many thanks
You sure you are using the correct version? That sounds like the older version for n8x0.

I use Dualshock 3 controller with this game but the right analog stick (emulated joystick) doesn't work properly. It should be used to strafe/walk. What things to edit in the duke3d.cfg file? Can the game be played with emulated mouse -and- joystick? Mouselook works good with low sensitivity.

I can't get the joystick emulation on the sixaxis to work. Don't know is it because of the ported game or the sixaxis support. It would be great to be able to use the analog sticks, that is, strafe/walk with the emulated joystick and aim with the emulated mouse. I tested the controller modes and here's the result...

Keyboard and joystick/thrustmaster/flightstick
the mouse maps to 4-way digital movements, walk and strafe, no deadzone so it's hard to control
the joystick maps left/right to digital strafe, no deadzone

Keyboard and external
the mouse maps to analog walk/turn or mouselook depending on the user setting, good
the joystick maps both up and down to analog walk forward, slow walking stutters (not true analog)

Keyboard and gamepad
the mouse doesn't work
the joystick maps both up and down to analog walk forward, slow walking stutters (not true analog)

Keyboard and mouse
the mouse maps to analog walk/turn or mouselook depending on the user setting, good

joystick left/right/up/down: the N900 vibrates in all of the controller modes.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Originally Posted by devildriven View Post
Bump?
I've been playing the shareware version since february and I havent had any problems with my N900. The port appears to be safe and free of major bugs. I havent had any slowdowns or crashes with Duke. Duke Nukem 3D is a very old game so it won't push the N900 hardware to any unsafe levels on its own.

Do not take my word for it because "Individual results may vary" but now you know my experience with it and knowing is half the battle. Afterall, the N900 is a linux pc in disguise and can play pc games from a decade ago easily.

The Following User Says Thank You to Deaconclgi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
Got it working fine. kudos to the guys posting for the help.

Anyone done or thought of doing blood. came out at same time. same graphics etc. just as good but zombies instead of pigs.

The Source-Code of Blood hasnt been released. So I doubt it would be possible to port Blood

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
Originally Posted by BrOiler1985 View Post
The Source-Code of Blood hasnt been released. So I doubt it would be possible to port Blood
That is a shame. Not like new sales will happen for that game. The mighty foot is good but the pitchfork rocks.

Tags
nuclear warfare, nuking people = fun