Notices

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
after testing around 15 minutes without crashing anymore these is a few feedback that i can give for these apps....

1. a full screen view will be a nice features....
2. news feed - we can only view 21 latest news feed in this apps...older news feed cannot be view...
3. profile - need more development in these area but overall not bad....
4. friends list - no comment on that....
5. private message - if we cannot use private message then it will be much better to remove these features before more complaint about it...
6. places - still testing these features....
7. groups - need more development....
8. events - nice but couldn't view all event in the past & birthday event aswell....
9. photo - we can view a photo album but cannot view a single photo (implement a photo view will be nice)
10. notes - not working (in development i thinks)
11. status menu - only logout & about QT working...other such as add to favourite, account settings, privacy settings, help center & about are now working....

overall need a few more development...any more bug & features not working i will give my feedback later on....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
just like to say nice app many thanks for your work

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Oi,
i've got a solution for the sending messages problem, mag why don't you add a send new message/reply button than opens a new browser windows taking us to the new message @touch.facebook.com .

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
Actually there is another Facebook client - it is called Kasvopus and it was developed by Tommi Laukkanen. It is very good and I have been using it on my Nokia N900 for quite some time.

Here is the Maemo.org thread that announced it!
i have had kasvopus installed for some time and have found it unresponsive and in most cases unusable. i have uninstalled it now and using MAG's app as this is the most usable even in it's present unfinished version. suppose it's each to their own and what works for each indivadual

Originally Posted by corduroysack View Post
i have had kasvopus installed for some time and have found it unresponsive and in most cases unusable. i have uninstalled it now and using MAG's app as this is the most usable even in it's present unfinished version. suppose it's each to their own and what works for each indivadual
Kasvopus worked well for me.But there is a bug sometimes that prevent the application to show status after I post new status.But this seldom happen.

M.AG's facebook application is better because of the simpler UI.Should be much more stable after few updates.

BTW I hope this side project don't slow down the Open Media Player project.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Armstrong Dicksmasher For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
@ Armstrong Dicksmasher

OMG! How much do I love your username haha! I so frickin' want it! LMAO!

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
what is path to place the icons for facebook ?

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
The icons are in Qt resource files, they're compiled in the binary so you need to replace them in the source.

Oh and say hi to checkins (not that I use them but...)

Edit: notification count is shown in brackets, if the count is 0 no brackets are shown.

I have to say that Kasvopus is excellent UI wise, but focusing a lot on design means you lose functionality as your top priority.

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2011-05-08 at 17:20.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
great job MAG..u're the man..

somehow, i couldnt resist to ask...will there be a desktop widget for this app?well, not that i'm rushing onto it..but..hey take ur time man..

polish the current app..then only think about the widget...

again..thank you very much...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to one1002 For This Useful Post:
would be nice to have a contacts sync feature,,,
1. sync only contacts thats in my phone address book.
2. sync all contacts..

Tags
facebook, facebook client