Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Reynaltott:

It might be possible to get an Android emulator if you have enough money and a team of developers. If not, you should just wait for Nitdroid -- it's getting pretty good but isn't ready to go yet.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
ceroberts75:

I think the red blinking led is where things are right now and will be fixed. Someone said it was because they had charged their battery with an external charger. Maybe, I have too, but I think it will be taken care of soon, I hope.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
lol...guess what...i read the manual with ctrl+g (lucky guess that ^=ctrl)

then the ending commands are:

ctrl+O (oh)
enter (to save and close nano)

then

unmount /and

done.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
ceroberts75:

I think the red blinking led is where things are right now and will be fixed. Someone said it was because they had charged their battery with an external charger. Maybe, I have too, but I think it will be taken care of soon, I hope.
i fixed it.

i think there were some kernel issues. after reinstalling the kernels and fixing the power40 kernel, and then over-clocking the nitdroid kernel, all is working smooth. just closed down nitdroid after testing and now going back to maemo.

Im still unable to sort out the blinking red led problem, ive tried all the solutions posted on the NITDroud forum, editing files and a kernel patch, which do work for a while but as soon as i replace the battery im back to the same blinking red led,
so if you use more than one battery with an external charger i think its just a case of waiting for the next update and hoping that fixes it,

@ geneven, if you do manage to fix this problem could you let me know please.
This is really starting to do my head in now

Last edited by matts76; 2010-08-22 at 09:19.

Ok guys, just to inform you, i just started making a gui for the current nitdroid installer (i am modding Jay-C's current installer, not writing one from scratch), and will be ready tomorrow (if i dont encounter any bizzare problems).

Last edited by BLIZZARD; 2010-08-22 at 10:01.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BLIZZARD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by BLIZZARD View Post
Ok guys, just to inform you, i just started making a gui for the current nitdroid installer (i am modding Jay-C's current installer, not writing one from scratch), and will be ready tomorrow (if i dont encounter any bizzare problems).
Excellent news!I was skimming over this just in case there was anything related to a gui and there was your little nugget!

You might want to consider heading over to the nitdroid forum if you need any info as its a lot more organised than this thread!

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Guys,

Anyone found a solution to running nitdroid + mobilehotspot?
I tried following all the suggestions in this forum, but it's not working sadly.

If mobilehotspot isn't going to work, i'll have to part with nitdroid sadly... it's so fun to make my Friend here envy me. He has samsung galaxy i7500 crap with android 1.5 and I have 2.2 (:
(he doesn't know I can't make calls.... shhhhh)
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Originally Posted by BLIZZARD View Post
Great news - thread suscribed...

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Originally Posted by eitama View Post
Guys,

Anyone found a solution to running nitdroid + mobilehotspot?
I tried following all the suggestions in this forum, but it's not working sadly.

If mobilehotspot isn't going to work, i'll have to part with nitdroid sadly... it's so fun to make my Friend here envy me. He has samsung galaxy i7500 crap with android 1.5 and I have 2.2 (:
(he doesn't know I can't make calls.... shhhhh)
Whats the problem? I have both NITDroid and MobileHotSpot working.