Notices

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
I'm still missing normal user registration and photo upload. :P
I'm just poking at Dirk, no hard feelings.

Has there been any official reply about upgrading your app status?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
just a little bit more features and this app will be as good as the official one. Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artyom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ India
Amazing. Hatsoff to the Meego Community!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to logonaniket For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Sevastopol, Cremea, Ukraine
Originally Posted by gkhnkrts7 View Post
Is this app also suitable for n900??
author build only meego version, anyone who want Fremantle - can download source code and builds their own version for Maemo, via SDK, I think.

2author, you have done great work, mate, me is on android now, but I hope that your app will become an official! we will vote for you)

Last edited by wow23; 2012-10-14 at 22:45.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ China
(┬_┬) still can't save picture to phone

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
Hi all, seems like some of you have problems downloading the developer releases. As some mentioned clicking "view raw file" fixes that. I will use the direct link next time, sorry.

As for the N900 / Fremantle version: I still don't have the hardware but maybe I'll stroll down some second hand markets to check if I can find one. I read this (http://ruedigergad.com/2011/08/06/sh...and-harmattan/) to get an idea on how much work a unified codebase would be and at the moment I'm not entirely sure if it's worth the hassle. Maybe it's easier than I think.

The same goes for a Symbian / Belle release, although here I have at least an old N8 to develop on.

@knobtviker: I haven't knocked on Instagrams door yet. I still want to implement 2 features before I can call it ready: Personal news stream and search. After that I will try to promote it to Instagram.

@mdbxh: Oh, so sharing isn't enough? Hm, how about a slideout when you press the "share" key on a detail page. It would contain "share" (which leads to the share ui widget) and "save to phone" (which saves it to the gallery). Would that help? In general a nice little feature and maybe I can squeeze it in somewhere.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Is there any way to show the captions with the pictures in the user feed? How about seeing comments/being able to comment on pictures?

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
Is there any way to show the captions with the pictures in the user feed? How about seeing comments/being able to comment on pictures?
Captions are a big one... literally. Instagram does not restrict the length of captions when you upload an image but cuts them when displayed. I want to add like and comment lists (as well as commenting itself) but I'm struggling to make them look good (autmoatically cutting the text and so on).

This also touches Emoji support, which I want to do sooner or later (but have to take a look at Harmoji first - and talk to MFaroTusino a bit more).. lots to do still

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ China
include in “share” is a good practice.
but i think have a easy way to save the pictures,just like long press to save.

o(* ̄▽ ̄*)ゞ

The Following User Says Thank You to mdbxh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
@dirksonguer
Those are exactly the 2 features I was about to ask for.

About emoji, you can check out in Wazapp how we parse them and replace with PNGs in color. There are issues with Chinese chars at the moment, but will be solved. Also with emojis parsed and replaced, expect width,height issues in Text...

Tags
development, instago, instagram