Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by sorodoros View Post
Not sure how to figure the fact that the other day it did show 100%, if you remember
yup......
do remember... but batteries are funny things - never seen my battery go above 96% ever
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
Ok, fair enough. What about it's not reading the level correctly when plugged in. Also a system thing? But shouldn't it read correctly after you unplug and hit the update button?

Come to think of it, the update button never refreshes the battery level.

Last edited by sorodoros; 2010-02-27 at 01:11.

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Edinburgh
I don't think it's the fact it's not reading properly as much as the battery never generally gets to 100%

noobmonkey,

Here is an idea for your Tools tab - System Monitor/Crash monitor. Many people have been reporting issues with crashes, reboots, freezes, etc. However, when asked by Nokia or third-party developers collect system info, they didn't know how (I would be one of them). I thought it would be great to be able to start a System monitor that would run in the background writing critical system information to a text file every so many seconds or minutes (configurable), so when the system crash occurs, a user would just upload the collected file for the developer to review without needing to know CLI commands. The System monitor can have the following options:
1. Check boxes for processes/parameters to monitor
2. Polling frequency
3. Collection period (minutes, hours, indefinitely)
4. Overwrite the collection file after it reaches certain size (configurable)

I may be wrong, but the System monitor wouldn't take much of system resources but would help everyone users and developers make their applications and the OS more stable. Thoughts?

Ross

The Following User Says Thank You to rossy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rossy View Post
noobmonkey,

Here is an idea for your Tools tab - System Monitor/Crash monitor. Many people have been reporting issues with crashes, reboots, freezes, etc. However, when asked by Nokia or third-party developers collect system info, they didn't know how (I would be one of them). I thought it would be great to be able to start a System monitor that would run in the background writing critical system information to a text file every so many seconds or minutes (configurable), so when the system crash occurs, a user would just upload the collected file for the developer to review without needing to know CLI commands. The System monitor can have the following options:
1. Check boxes for processes/parameters to monitor
2. Polling frequency
3. Collection period (minutes, hours, indefinitely)
4. Overwrite the collection file after it reaches certain size (configurable)

I may be wrong, but the System monitor wouldn't take much of system resources but would help everyone users and developers make their applications and the OS more stable. Thoughts?

Ross
wow good idea... but i have to admit the whole idea is beyond me at the moment!
How about some tools that show terminal command outputs? - or read specific log files?

tis interesting
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Quick update

CURRENT Version 0.5-0-9 (In Extras-Devel)
  • Battery Status (%)
  • Accelerometer readout
  • GPS Position
  • Firmware version
  • Roots Free (mb) / Used (%)
  • CPU Information
  • N900 Hardware board info
  • System Locale
  • Front Camera image test (Point it at a good light to confirm it works, still poor quality!)
  • Phone/Cell information
  • Possibly implement country/variant type for firmware
  • Add more storage space information (Mydocs)
  • Add a phone reboot button (Mazi requested)

Planned for future versions
  • List of enabled repositories
  • List of disabled repositories
  • List of installed applications + App info
  • Run commands, apt-get clean etc... (need help with this!)
  • Networking : Add local/3g/wireless IP
  • Bluetooth - confirm enabled and working
  • Front camera check
  • Move all the labels into a table/list view (need help with this!)
  • Vibration check
  • Rootfs Space saving scripts
  • Infra-red tests

At the way i'm going it will be a good month before i get a filled version into testing But appreciating all the feeback i can get

Last edited by noobmonkey; 2010-02-27 at 16:17. Reason: spelling mistake

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Also - still wanting a mod to rename the title please - Still got my spelling mistake in it!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
great stuff! Is it possible to check the infrared in any smart way?

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
great stuff! Is it possible to check the infrared in any smart way?
ooo good point.......
As it only sends.... not the easiest... but will definitley look into it!

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
hey just installed and saw quite a lot of nice info, this app has real diagnosis potential

perhaps you could have a "run and export tests" thing so people can use the info to help with problems.

when it opens the gps to get position, does it just grab current stored location, or actually lookup a new position - cos if its looking up, that was the fastest lock on record!

the camera update thing needs to be able to grab photos from both cameras.

one thing which niggles - the position of the system reboot button in relation to the tabs.
i misclicked when moving to another tab and rebooted.
speak to some of the ux designers who hang around and try to listen to any input you can get.

a nice tool, well done

Tags
check, faulty, front camera, gps, hardware, healthcheck, test