Active Topics

I've been having the "Saved Connections" dialog box popup, when I already have an active data connection. It does this 9 times roughly, before it's dismissed and doesn't come up.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I always thought it didn't have a desktop applet?
Feedingit does, unless I don't understand what a desktop applet is

It even has a widget, but I don't like the widget. Too space-consuming.

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
Anyone else experiencing Hildon freeze in the PR 1.3. UI It has now probably 4 times totally stopped working... I can power off phone from power off button, phone responses to locking device also if i plug in charger the sound come and it apperiantly starts to charge phone, but nothing happen at the screen. So it then some hildon bug?

Or something that is related to my actions

Last edited by mele; 2010-10-28 at 20:22.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by mele View Post
Anyone else experiencing Hildon freeze in the PR 1.3. UI It has now probably 4 times totally stopped working... I can power off phone from power off button, phone responses to locking device also if i plug in charger the sound come and it apperiantly starts to charge phone, but nothing happen at the screen. So it then some hildon bug?

Or something that is related to my actions
Nobody but you has mentioned this problem, that I've seen. How did you do the update? Did it seem to go smoothly?

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Nobody but you has mentioned this problem, that I've seen. How did you do the update? Did it seem to go smoothly?
Yeah it went smoothly....Phone works quite nicely, well i have to dig into this some more and see when it actually does this.

First time today was when i was checking-in for foursquare venue via barriosquare and second when i was messing around in filebox...

I have OC`ed my phone, so if this continues i do something to that.

Oh also i have custom one colum hildon form Mohammed AG

Am I the only one who cant open "sharing accounts" in the settings?
In applications I can use or configure the sharing-manager.
Detected this possible bug after installing pixelpipe service.
Can someone confirm?

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
It even has a widget, but I don't like the widget. Too space-consuming.
OK, checked it now... it only shows the name of the feed, not the headlines. That's not what I need. I want the headlines on my desktop. I hardly ever open the feed reader as such. But thanks.

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Don't think it's 1.3. I had that browserd thing in 1.1.

I have little clue as to the fix, I think I cleared all cache, cookies, etc and that fixed it. Or was it PR 1.2? In any case, it's always been there. Wait, or did it happen when using dictionary input in MicroB?

I know this isn't any help, but at least you aren't looking at a 1.3 specific, methinks. Search the forums, I definitely remember doing that.
Hmmm I never had this problem before, not in pr1.1, not in pr1.2 either!
I don't know about using dictionary input... you mean in website text fields etc.? I've always used whatever was there, most of the time I don't get dictionary input showing anyway.
I'll clear cache, cookies etc and see if that does it, and I'll try to have a look through older posts.

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
my love, dont expect a pr1.4

I seem to have fixed the problem of losing all Contact entries (from Exchange ActiveSync and Voip/IM accounts) after reboots that I described in this post.

The fix was simply to backup my device, reflash it, including the eMMC via these instructions.

Upon re-starting the device, I then used the built-in Restore feature to restore Bookmakrs, Settings, and Application List. I made sure NOT to backup or restore Communications and Calendar, since that was the data store that seemed buggy.

All my Contact entries re-appeared after the first sync with Exchange ActiveSync (to Hotmail). I've rebooted several times, and all Contact entries are preserved.

Hope this helps someone.

Happy to field questions where I can help.
================================================

The Following User Says Thank You to digittante For This Useful Post:

Tags
pr1.3