Active Topics

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Here is a compiled libfaketime.

Put the .so in your homedir and then try e.g.
$ LD_PRELOAD=/home/user/libfaketimeMT.so.1 \
FAKETIME="-60 d" navicore

Advancing more than 7 days before end of trial voids your license. But if you get in the 7 day period again your license is valid again.

Yes, changing the date is definetely a more elegant solution.

I verified it on Diablo with 2.2.6.377-1. It does work, but you'll need to save your original evaluation key. The first one you used, bound to the MAC address of your tablet.

Problem is, I lost that one. My WiFi AP doesn't like it when I pick any other MAC address than that one. Besides, its effort to keep the non-real MAC address.

I guess I'll get a debit card and buy the stupid thing. Then use that license with this trick. Let this be a warning: backup everything before you flash!

Last edited by allnameswereout; 2008-07-04 at 11:40. Reason: 80x24

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
You surely already know, you can give libfaketime a start time..
Set it to a day inside your license period and no readjustment for the e.g. -60d is needed anymore.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
All I'm gonna say is that look at the maemo irc logs, there is a simple way to change that mac address file without ****ing everything else up.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-07-04 at 12:07.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
ive got the previous version of the map app installed running the updated maps...maps and nav work fine but it isnt letting me download voices...can someone tell me how to fix this or send me the file for carinna du plessis (english accented woman) ????

Try this:

* Copy /usr/libexec/navicore-navigator to your computer
* Use a hexeditor (I used Notepad++ with hex editor plugin)
* Open navicore-navigator with hexeditor and start voodoo: search in file /sys/devices/platform/wlan-omap/cal_mac_address and change this to /home/user/./././././././././././././.oksikokos
* # cp /usr/libexec/navicore-navigator /usr/libexec/navicore-navigator.bak # backup original navicore-navigator
* Copy hexeditted navicore-navigator to /usr/libexec/navicore-navigator # don't worry you have a backup
* $ touch /home/user/.oksikokos
* $ cat /sys/devices/platform/wlan-omap/cal_mac_address > /home/user/.oksikokos
* $ HWADDR_wlan0=60:46:04:60:46:04 export HWADDR_wlan0
echo $HWADDR_wlan0 >/home/user/.oksikokos
LD_PRELOAD="/home/user/fakeif.so:/home/user/libfaketimeMT.so.1" FAKETIME="@2007-12-21 16:00:00" navicore

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
when i open that in the hexeditor and click search and search in file it says text not found no matter what i do

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Try this:

* Copy /usr/libexec/navicore-navigator to your computer
* Use a hexeditor (I used Notepad++ with hex editor plugin)
* Open navicore-navigator with hexeditor and start voodoo: search in file /sys/devices/platform/wlan-omap/cal_mac_address and change this to /home/user/./././././././././././././.oksikokos
* # cp /usr/libexec/navicore-navigator /usr/libexec/navicore-navigator.bak # backup original navicore-navigator
* Copy hexeditted navicore-navigator to /usr/libexec/navicore-navigator # don't worry you have a backup
* $ touch /home/user/.oksikokos
* $ cat /sys/devices/platform/wlan-omap/cal_mac_address > /home/user/.oksikokos
* $ HWADDR_wlan0=60:46:04:60:46:04 export HWADDR_wlan0
echo $HWADDR_wlan0 >/home/user/.oksikokos
LD_PRELOAD="/home/user/fakeif.so:/home/user/libfaketimeMT.so.1" FAKETIME="@2007-12-21 16:00:00" navicore
I already know about the hex edit part, but does the LD_PRELOAD stuff work successfully?

And no, I don't want to crack it . I registered my trial but never used it. I actually want to try it, I don't need to fake the time, just the mac so I can try it

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-07-05 at 05:59.

Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
when i open that in the hexeditor and click search and search in file it says text not found no matter what i do
I suppose you have Chinook with the older wayfinder version (App v.2.2.6.377). Just use faketime.

With diablo the patch with hexeditor seems also necessary.

Just guessing... can anyone confirm?

Whatever reason someone has to do this is their concern and responsibility. A knife or gun can be used for many purposes.

I already said part of my reason for doing this. I'm going on vacation monday, and I have no time to get a debit card and buy it. I even contacted them if they accept Paypal. No reply...

fakeif.so for Diablo
fakeif.so for Chinook

Originally Posted by rolfok View Post
I suppose you have Chinook with the older wayfinder version (App v.2.2.6.377). Just use faketime.

With diablo the patch with hexeditor seems also necessary.

Just guessing... can anyone confirm?
Yes, true. On Chinook + Map 2.2.6.377 the following works:
* Macchanger
* Libfakeif
* Libfaketime (verified on Diablo + 2.2.6.377; so probably works on Chinook as well; I still gotta try it with Diablo + 2.2.8.436)
* CAL isn't used in Map 2.2.6.377 so no hexeditting necessary

Libfakeif doesn't appear to work on Diablo anymore. Try this:
$ HWADDR_wlan0=60:46:04:60:46:04 export HWADDR_wlan0
LD_PRELOAD="/home/user/fakeif.so" /sbin/ifconfig wlan0 | grep HWaddr
wlan0 Link encap:UNSPEC HWaddr 60-46-04-60-46-04-94-34-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00

And you'll see why. All bold is wrong/different. On Chinook it would have returned:
wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 60:46:04:60:46:04

My preferred methods are libraries using LD_PRELOAD, then hexeditting, then system wide changes like Macchanger or editting the cal variables on boot. Thats because I prefer to have the least impact on the OS, to keep the OS as clean as possible. Clean OS has so many advantages: lives longer, less chance of issues w/other & newer applications, easier to backup and manage, and so on. Now, IMO especially the Libfaketime solution is nice however if you lost the trial key for your original MAC address -like me- you are a fried chicken.

There is a way to 'pin' a package in APT as well. Then its on hold, and won't be upgraded. I forgot how to do this though, but its possible. Then you can stay with old map version easily.

You won't need 2.2.8.xxx to get the newer maps. See the map thread for the links.

There is another version of Map: 2.2.8.421 maybe its easier to crack.

Confirmed: With Diablo + latest Map 2.2.8.436 the hex editting works, macchanger works, and libfaketime works. The only thing not working is libfakeif. I'll have a look at that now.

Tags
customers?, middlefinger