I think that the Nokia n900, it’s more then one month late, to me it’s more then a year late.
I don’t understand why nokia didn’t react faster to the trend of the touch devices. It started in 2007.
Maemo was an obvious solution. They should react faster.
But they prefer to stay with symbian on models like the n95 then the n96.
I guess that now they face a much more critical problem. For the first time they are not the greater buyer of touch technology, and Samsung and LG are the ones that makes the screens. Nokia already admitted that can’t buy the components, and for sure not at the price they want.
Also this politic of announcing something (like they did with n97) with one year of advance it’s really all wrong.
I really love nokia and to me this is very sad.
This latest news about the N900 delay it’s just one more to add to this colossal mess.
Here in Portugal they make a huge campaign with advertisements of N900 in every street. The campaign finished and we need to wait one more month to get the phone in the shops. What a waste of money.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Originally Posted by thorbo View Post
For those who think threatening to cancel your pre-order is going to speed Nokia up in their release, think again. What you are actually doing is bumping all the other pre-orders up on the list, as it were -- more available hardware, to be sent out to everyone else.

I would assume the issues are all software, as the loaner units in the field seem to be working fine (or I am sure we would hear about it, even from proponents of the product -- sometimes the harshest critics), they will get the software update on their units as the final product it rolled out.

Enjoy the wait. Makes for a better story when you get the device. Embrace the notion that Nokia cares enough to hold back the N900 until they make it as robust as they can at release time.

I think a lot of ppl are just mad and need to vent, which is ur god given right to complain. Yet there will be quite a few new comers and some that are early consumers to just get something else "for the time being". It gives me time to keep saving for it instead of blowing a whole check on it I'm not as mad as I'm board while I wait for it ( I'm tired of watching videos on it ) well to each there own i guess but dnt bash peter about stuff though ( I gotta a crush on him ) but besides that he has a valid point in what he said... wait... we're working on stuff...

well well nokia when i finally thought u are going to be the best u just failed again so pissed off right now scince am traveling on a tour after 12november and so if it wasn't released yet byebye nokia byebye N900 forever maybe switching for some real companies like Apple Iphone sorry nokia but the truth says they know at least when they are gona release it after announcing the device ! or the HTC HD2 since it's gona be nice thnx nokia :@ :@

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ München, DE
Originally Posted by zdux0012 View Post
Thanks for the heads up Nokia!
I want an "unthank" button. That is very low in style what you did there.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Last week [nokia] reported sales down more than 8%, creating losses of £836m over the past three months
That's what I'm talking about... I thought this will teach them a lesson...
Pundits and analysts put much of the blame on Nokia's inability to keep up with the likes of the iPhone and the BlackBerry
yup

source

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
The other good thing about the delay is that more developers can push their stuff into Extras.
I'm waiting N900 to ship so that I could continue my little application development. I don't use SDK and my N810 doesn't support Maemo 5 or its APIs so for the moment no new versions and features. But that's life

Originally Posted by DaKing View Post
well well nokia when i finally thought u are going to be the best u just failed again so pissed off right now scince am traveling on a tour after 12november and so if it wasn't released yet byebye nokia byebye N900 forever maybe switching for some real companies like Apple Iphone sorry nokia but the truth says they know at least when they are gona release it after announcing the device ! or the HTC HD2 since it's gona be nice thnx nokia :@ :@
lol. Grow a brain.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Aperture Science, Inc.
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
lol. Grow a brain.
rofl, he said lol...

sort it out, you two. didn't you learn to be quiet when adults are talking?

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Everybody interested in Windows Mobile, please EXIT to the right. Don't worry about that drop off, it's probably not fatal.

Exit Stage RIGHT

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
That looks like the Minack!! But it's not South Florida!

Tags
bumped by idiot?, impatience, n900 release, strange