Posts: 267 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Somerville MA - USA
Originally Posted by thisisjjd View Post
I ordered Oct 15 and my status changed to "preparing for shipping" this morning.

--Jim--
this makes no sense I order a MONTH earlier and i hear nothing.

The Following User Says Thank You to matthewcc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Does the sales tax show on your pre-order? Because I show no sales tax on mine only the 529 plus 11 something shipping and I am in California and i only have 575 on my card.
If tax is 40 something then that will go over my amount and it will get declined.
Is the tax on the rebate amount or the full amount?

What is the numer to amazon as the "change" button has dissapeared on me for shipping method. Somehow got it to appear one time and then watched it disappear and give me an error message when i tried to use it.
Amazon does not charge sales tax in California.

Originally Posted by matthewcc View Post
this makes no sense I order a MONTH earlier and i hear nothing.
Actually, I double checked and it was Oct 10 that I ordered. Still, if you ordered earlier, I would think you would ship first. I didn't get any email from them, I only see it on my "Where's my Stuff" page.

There was speculation if you asked them to change the order date on your order in order to guarantee that you were able to get the $50 rebate, that it would change your place in line. I didn't do that.

--Jim--

Originally Posted by nytcrawlr View Post
I also canceLed my Amazon order and bought it at NokiaUSA today for 569. Next week it will be mine muahaha.
Oh yeah wow, NokiaUSA has them in stock ready to ship. Cancelled my amazon order as well and getting it from NokiaUSA. This way it will arrive before Christmas.

Originally Posted by bornsavage View Post
Sign-up for free trial Amazon prime membership and you can get 1-day shipping for $3.99. Make sure you turn off auto renewal or you will be charged a subscription fee.
can I paid this amazon prime with gift card????

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Somerville MA - USA
Originally Posted by thisisjjd View Post
Actually, I double checked and it was Oct 10 that I ordered. Still, if you ordered earlier, I would think you would ship first. I didn't get any email from them, I only see it on my "Where's my Stuff" page.

There was speculation if you asked them to change the order date on your order in order to guarantee that you were able to get the $50 rebate, that it would change your place in line. I didn't do that.

--Jim--
OK I now have the "Shipment #2: Shipping Soon We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed. Need information on returning an item?"

and god damnit I leave for frankfurt tomorrow at noon and will have to wait all freeking week

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ fort lauderdale,fl
Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post
Oh yeah wow, NokiaUSA has them in stock ready to ship. Cancelled my amazon order as well and getting it from NokiaUSA. This way it will arrive before Christmas.
did you pay tax on it when you bought it from nokia usa

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
Shipping!!!
Ordered on September 23rd.

Ordered Oct. 17th... still no update. Says to expect it after Dec 25th...

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia

Hello,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

We rely on the manufacturer for release date information. Our most recent information was that Nokia N900 Unlocked Cell Phone/Mobile Computer with 3.5-Inch Touchscreen, QWERTY, 5 MP Camera, Maemo Browser, 32 GB--U.S. Version with Full Warranty hasn't been released yet and the expected release date is not known.

If you'd rather cancel your order and purchase it locally, I understand. To cancel your order, go to the URL below and click the "Need to cancel an item?" button:

I've reported this to the appropriate department to correct this error and they're working on taking care of it. We'll make sure to update our website listing as soon as we get an update from the manufacturer.

I need to look into the problem with your order, and it'll take a bit more time than usual. Once this error is corrected on our website, your order will be put in priority and we'll update your order with the correct estimated shipping and delivery dates.

I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in 2-3 business days with more information.

Thanks for giving me time to find the best solution.

It is our absolute commitment to provide you the best possible customer service. Should you need any further assistance with this order, please click the link below to tell us when and where to get in touch with you, and a dedicated customer service representative will contact you by phone to provide resolution.

Best regards,

Srujana K.
Amazon.com
We're Building Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company
http://www.amazon.com/your-account
If you remember when Amazon canceled my order ( Tanisha ) and she said that their was no line ( when their actually is ) and re-ordered so I could get the $50 rebate. Since that day I have basically sent Amazon an email or phone call every two days or so, sometimes more emails when I respond to them. Finally last night after five emails in the course of ten minutes, I told him how they were treating me like a $2 order especially when I'm spending this much money on a cell phone, in this economy, and with the 30K+ I've done with Amazon in the past, was total ********. I also linked our forums proving that people who ordered in Sept and Oct are now getting shipping confirmations, so if I hadn't been lied to, their was a very good chance my phone would have been shipped by now...He agreed!

I then stated that one of two things need to happen. A. You either need to change my order back to Sept.19th ( Screw the $50 rebate ) or B. You need to give my order priority since it is quite clear the lying that took place when my first order was canceled.

I then got the email saying he'll investigate and give my order priority.

-Socrates 469 BC

Tags
psychotics unite, this thread is h a w t