Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
There's a thread already - right here - about this phone already.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I hope this is the last of the stupidthread...

I kid... I kid...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
A) Don't know why this site keeps opening in russian for me. (me no speak russian). Same on engadget too.

B) Calm down. It's not even a 'review' of a device. It's opinon and from what i've read quite a biased, hateful review on an unfinished, unpolished Nokia device. It's has one of the best hardware configs out there. It's OS is symbian^3, only a transit phase before ^4 at end of this year.

C) Not every single device that Nokia release will be aimed at killing the iphone/being more funky than the Android etc etc. Nokia release tens of handsets a year. It's just another phone. If you want to compare OS and Hardware then use N900 as a benchmark.

D) Nokia are VERY popular in the rest of the world and this handset will probably sell very well in the middle east/Asia (huge markets btw). Not everyone wants Android styled OS that require 3G/2G which a lot of people dont have access to.

On my recent trip to Asia I saw a villager standing by in the street with his Nokia (7210) plugged into an extension lead outside a shop. The phone lay there in the dirt just charging. Thats the reach of Nokia. I can guarantee you, Android/Apple will not take place of ease of use/affordible handsets for the wider market. Nokia make phones for everyone. Not just fanboys.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Italy
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
A) Don't know why this site keeps opening in russian for me. (me no speak russian). Same on engadget too.

B) Calm down. It's not even a 'review' of a device. It's opinon and from what i've read quite a biased, hateful review on an unfinished, unpolished Nokia device. It's has one of the best hardware configs out there. It's OS is symbian^3, only a transit phase before ^4 at end of this year.

C) Not every single device that Nokia release will be aimed at killing the iphone/being more funky than the Android etc etc. Nokia release tens of handsets a year. It's just another phone. If you want to compare OS and Hardware then use N900 as a benchmark.

D) Nokia are VERY popular in the rest of the world and this handset will probably sell very well in the middle east/Asia (huge markets btw). Not everyone wants Android styled OS that require 3G/2G which a lot of people dont have access to.

On my recent trip to Asia I saw a villager standing by in the street with his Nokia (7210) plugged into an extension lead outside a shop. The phone lay there in the dirt just charging. Thats the reach of Nokia. I can guarantee you, Android/Apple will not take place of ease of use/affordible handsets for the wider market. Nokia make phones for everyone. Not just fanboys.
http://www.nokia.com/about-nokia/fin...mation/q1-2010

Read it. I do not think villagers in cambodia are exactly Nokia's cor target... and the drammatic financial and economical situation should let you think...

SORRY FOR THE POST... I DIDN'T NOTICE HTE OTHER 3D. MEA CULPA!

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by Endri View Post
Shame.

Symbian it is a dead platform. Android it's eating it up. In dec 2010 there will be only flop phones using Symbian...

N900 it's the only vital device you have mr. Nokia and you are letting it rot? You're to be finished asd IBM. R.I.P.
You seem to have a hilariously skewed view of Symbian, Nokia, and the world of mobile phones in general.

The Following User Says Thank You to nidO For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
http://www.nokia.com/about-nokia/fin...mation/q1-2010

Read it. I do not think villagers in cambodia are exactly Nokia's cor target... and the drammatic financial and economical situation should let you think...

I beg to differ. I actually do think that is part of Nokia's core target. Nokia is huge in Africa too. These markets are hardly debating between Android 2.1 and Symbian^3.

Anyone who has travelled the world knows you can find a Nokia charger in the remotest of places but not one for any of the HTC devices.

Thank you.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Why does the Internet icon look like Apple Safari?
It doesn't.

The navigation icon has understandably a compass in it, and has had a very long time.

Last edited by Rauha; 2010-04-26 at 09:39.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Italy
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
I beg to differ. I actually do think that is part of Nokia's core target. Nokia is huge in Africa too. These markets are hardly debating between Android 2.1 and Symbian^3.

Anyone who has travelled the world knows you can find a Nokia charger in the remotest of places but not one for any of the HTC devices.

Thank you.
Actually HTC use micro usb charger which are fairly availble all over the world.
And you should probably study the theory of the subsidiary markets.
In china what you are describing it's the huge transition FROM symbian TO android.
You welcome

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Symbian it is a dead platform.
Is that really so? if its "dead", how come we're looking at a brand new symbian device, with a newer version of it?
Correct me if I'm wrong - but "dead" platforms don't tend to be upgraded and redesigned...?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Why does the Internet icon look like Apple Safari?
That's the maps icon, and yeah it does look almost exactly like a mirror image of Safari's icon.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!