Active Topics

Poll: What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?
Poll Options
What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?

Closed Thread
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Originally Posted by God's Toy View Post
Question about the FM radio, Still working (Transmit and receiver?) What about Youtube? playing any better?
Battery life? Ram usage?
FM radio still works for both. Youtube... Let me try.

Battery life - can't tell, not dry yet! Certainly no worse than PR 1.1.1

RAM usage shouldn't matter - we do have 768MB of swap in addition.

I've discovered that for browsing history, long press on back arrow.

Youtube seems smoother now, but can't really tell objectively by how much. Same video is now buttery smooth, even without using fullscreen mode.

Edit : Shall try 1080p Avatar Trailer!

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by God's Toy View Post
Question about the FM radio, Still working (Transmit and receiver?) What about Youtube? playing any better?
Battery life? Ram usage?
Maemo youtube (the low-quality-one) works as well as before, maybe better. The real Youtube is still stuttering (not overclocked) but is better than before...

The Following User Says Thank You to AtteK0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by AtteK0 View Post
A month or so ago "a few selected ones" were sent PR1.2s for them to try them out and check for bugs. Certainly it was far from ready back then and I do not know how old the update is what we have got.
Exactly. So how do you get "The update PR1.2 has been ready for months." You just said "Certainly it was far from ready back then". Can't have it both ways.

How much longer we would had to have waited for the update if it weren´t for this?
Until it was ready.
Registered Linux user #266531.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
FM-transmitter is pretty much the same it used to be.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtteK0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Improved and not easy to measure:

Rendering speed of websites:

-Synology disk station manager web page in Ajax is not 1,5 times faster
-Dutch news site www.deredactie.be renders correctly (before PR 1.2 it gave 2 x some kind of script error: stop running script?

-Skype vid calls: yes yes it kinda works! For some that might be not such a great breakthrough but this N900 device is still foremost a portable phone then computer and adding video is a great thing and no.. not every mobile network provider can or wants to offer an alternative. Over here they charge you per minute for 3G vid calls.

-Ovi maps has now street navigation - no voice guidance, no saving of POI / Landmarks

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Does your screen calibration crash after first press of the sircle? Mine does.
That's an overclocking thing, historically.

Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
Exactly. So how do you get "The update PR1.2 has been ready for months." You just said "Certainly it was far from ready back then". Can't have it both ways.

Until it was ready.
That is what happens when you do not quote the whole post. I said this update we all got may be an old one. No one knows that. Not even you. Did you get your PR1.2 already or why are you so cranky The update has been ready for release for weeks.

Originally Posted by AtteK0 View Post
Maemo youtube (the low-quality-one) works as well as before, maybe better. The real Youtube is still stuttering (not overclocked) but is better than before...
Well, I tried 480p with 750MHz, by adding &fmt=18 behind the url (it staunchly refused to go above 480p) but it didn't play.

Ok, reloaded, now it's a slideshow. :/

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by s15mos View Post
is it me or are the repos a bit slow in downloading apps coz every1 is reinstalling everything now?
btw love the update... the phone is way more responsive and so many cool new features which makes the phone nearer to perfection... only thing waiting on now is 3g video calling and newer flash support/ ability to use chatroulette on the n900
So PR 1.2 update does improve the device significantly ? If so then I have a feeling that those who dumped n900 recently will have much to regret.

Closed Thread

Tags
chineesequality, fremantle, leaked pr1.2, maemo, maemo 5, n900, ranting, surreality