Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
I don't understand why people keep posting icons. I think the current icons are OK and I don't think Facebook would mind if MAG used them. If they cared that much about not being identified as a original app developed by them they wouldn't let developers use names for features like "Places", "News Feed" etc. So let's stay focused here. Icons are not that relevant at this point.

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
Originally Posted by geojoking View Post
I don't understand why people keep posting icons. I think the current icons are OK and I don't think Facebook would mind if MAG used them. If they cared that much about not being identified as a original app developed by them they wouldn't let developers use names for features like "Places", "News Feed" etc. So let's stay focused here. Icons are not that relevant at this point.
Because Icons are copyrighted you cant just use them you have to ask for permission. That is why MAG, look in his first post, asked for Icons so he doesnt have to waste time getting permission to use them.

http://forum.developers.facebook.net...php?pid=141439

Edit: did you not read the thread? You cant even use the word "face" or "book" in the app title what would make you think that you could just use there official icons and they wouldnt mind

Last edited by Mike Fila; 2011-05-08 at 20:06.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike Fila For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
would be nice to have a contacts sync feature,,,
1. sync only contacts thats in my phone address book.
2. sync all contacts..
Hermes?
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/hermes/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
app is great and looks great as well, but it's unusable at the moment as it shuts after a minute or 2, either while operating phone or not. same if i started from terminal

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Jordan
MohammadAG it would be nice to have the call option beside friend name

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Hermes?
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/hermes/
why go through other ports when that option is already available on the the facebook api from what i understand. why not consolidate the stuffs rather than fragment them?

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by satello View Post
app is great and looks great as well, but it's unusable at the moment as it shuts after a minute or 2, either while operating phone or not. same if i started from terminal
I think you are still on the old version. Mohammad released a new version Sociality 0.1-3 and this fixes that 2 minute problem.

I have had it loaded for most of the day and it is working fine! I am also starting it via an icon and not from X-Term. Check out our Application Manager for the latest version.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
I would rather see contact synch left to Hermes for the moment. This has the benefit of allowing MAG to concentrate on the features that we don't have now.

BTW, Hermes not only works very well, but also has integration for other social networking sites (e.g. Twitter and LinkedIn from memory).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to travla For This Useful Post:
thanks for the update, is woorking now

i notice that private msg are not available on api, but it would still be great to have some kind of notification on the main panel that there are new msgs and best of all, to have the pvt msg opened in reverse order, with the newest on top, rather that scrolling all the way down to find news.

and some youtube link are still now showing

i have 2 one on top of the other and one is clikkable one is not..

also an auto refresh on the news feeds would be a good idea. don t know much about programming, so don't know how easy or difficult would be to implement, just giving some end user feedback, thanks for the good work

Last edited by satello; 2011-05-08 at 22:26.

Is it possible to hook this up to the notification system? Something along the lines of getting a facebook notif, or a message and it vibrates? I might be asking for too much, but even something like a new message like window similar to how getting a text or a email or missed phone call?

The app is awesome as is and I really love it. Thank you for doing with Nokia couldn't, on so many levels Mohammad!

The Following User Says Thank You to DDRFAN For This Useful Post:

Tags
facebook, facebook client