Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Hmm another thread about apps ... panucci-qml is done and gpodder-qml looks really good already so those two you can mark as done/will be done. As I only maintain one app, Panucci, I'm willing to help port stuff over to python/qml if anyone needs help. I saw i.e epage maintains a whole bunch of apps and there might be others too. Still some time to september 23 though but as they say, time flies.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following User Says Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Well, some things about this thread are unclear.

For example, is there any point in nominating something that has already been nominated? I hope not -- it isn't a matter of votes tallied, highest count wins.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
Hmm another thread about apps ...
Where's the other thread?
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Well, some things about this thread are unclear.

For example, is there any point in nominating something that has already been nominated? I hope not -- it isn't a matter of votes tallied, highest count wins.
Not a competition. I'd appreciate if new additions are kept separate from those already on the list. But it might still be a good idea to mention some of the apps already there that you like because it makes the developer happy, and thus more interested in working on the app
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following User Says Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by mece View Post
Where's the other thread?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=74417
But you might just as well put a (done) or something to your list for those already done. Good list btw, as I said I'm willing to help if there are apps that people want that are not ready when the N9 ships.

Edit: Also I think that both GTK and Qt will work on Harmattan even if QML is the preferred toolkit to use. So most stuff should be able to at least run even if it doesn't look as cool as with QML.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Last edited by xerxes2; 2011-06-29 at 20:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
"MobileHotspot" is listed as preinstalled on N9. Seems to be Joikuspot based.
I just checked out a friends device (got it at the Meego network meeting yesterday), there is the joikuspot_bouncer kernel module, netfilter doesn't seem to be in the default kernel (again, why oh why... doing the netfilter stuff in kernel is so much more efficient than doing it "Joiku style" that it's not even funny).

But I guess titan will be building a power-users kernel for Harmattan as well (and meanwhile I can build my -hotspot kernel like I did in the past with N900).

Still just speculation though, I haven't actually tested flashing a kernel on my friends device... (need to wait till I get my own).

ScummVM and various game emulators.

Residual, OpenXCom, GemRB and Prequengine would be nice too, when they are "complete".

fbreader
marble
koffice
evopedia
gemrb

i would like to see a decent flickr app on n9 to allow me to browse photos, download them or writiing commments

would be great if drnoksnes snes emulator ported to meego

and since the overhyped whatsapp is getting popular, i need to see it on n9 as well

yahoo im, msn messnger are a must

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
Is there a community app for whatsapp? I don't think so....

Tags
applications, good news!!!!!!, harmattan, open source