Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Originally Posted by geobueck View Post
i am sorry for asking....but the problem is still not solved...only one search entry is possible for me...for a second search i have to restart evopedia again....anyone with the same problems???
I have the same issue.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New delhi, India
Originally Posted by rickysio View Post
I have the same issue.
for me i am able to make 2 searches

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Frankfurt, Germany
I am hesitant to try it out on my N900, since the old version works fine for me, but I just gave it a try in Scratchbox: It works, but it still has some glitches:
  • Every time I visit the search page, 'substring search' is deselected, even if it was selected during the last search.
  • If 'substring search' is marked, it doesn't find entries that start with the typed letters. To try this out, try 'maemo' with the german dump. Without 'substring search' this finds 'Maemo' and 'Maemo.org', with 'substring search' it only finds 'Rubus chamaemorus'.
  • Search as you type does not work. I have to hit Tab from within the search field to actually start the search.

I can confirm that sometimes the search is not triggered automatically after typing. But after pressing "return", the search always works. To those who have problems with the "second" search: What do you mean exactly? Do you press return? What exactly is the second search? The second search without leaving the search page?

Manul: Nothing was changed with respect to substring search between the last two versions, it should behave identically.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Frankfurt, Germany
Originally Posted by crei View Post
Manul: Nothing was changed with respect to substring search between the last two versions, it should behave identically.
That's quite possible, searching in the version before the latest did not work at all for me, so if these glitches were already there I wouldn't have noticed.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
[QUOTE=crei;722805]I can confirm that sometimes the search is not triggered automatically after typing. But after pressing "return", the search always works. To those who have problems with the "second" search: What do you mean exactly? Do you press return? What exactly is the second search? The second search without leaving the search page?

the 2.search: after typing in the first search i select the found word and read the article.after that i press the spyglass to return to the startpage to search a 2. article...after typing in the search and hitting enter nothing happens...

wow, this app is really great. I just downloaded a dump and its really cool!

But I'm also not able to search for the second time. If i enter a keyword, "searching..." pups up under it, but it does not refresh the rest of the page or show any results.

Interesting thing is that it only stops searching after i visited an article. From the startpage i do multiple searches, as long as i don't visit an article.

And I'm trying to get some offline maps working. Would be great if it could use the maps from ovi. But i don't know if that's possible or if there are other solutions...

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
i seem to run into similar problems. since one of the latest updates, I cant follow hyperlinks anymore. this greatly diminishes the fun of using it :-(

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
This seems like a really useful project. The last update on githib is from May and there's no indication on the home page what the roadmap and status is.

Has this been abandoned or just sidelined? Is there another option for offline wikipedia browsing?

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
This seems like a really useful project. The last update on githib is from May and there's no indication on the home page what the roadmap and status is.

Has this been abandoned or just sidelined? Is there another option for offline wikipedia browsing?
Don't worry, I'm still working on evopedia. Because of the problems with the JavaScript search after the PR1.2 update, I'm currently porting everything to Qt. It's almost finished and I'll release a first testing version in the next days.

Another issue is the new English dump that is currently being generated at http://dumathome.evopedia.info . I noticed that some clients generate incorrect dumps. At the moment there are only two clients that work correctly. I think this is due to missing Latex packages.

If you are contributing to dumpathome please contact me so we can fix this together.

Furthermore, if you have some spare CPU cycles, please consider helping generating the dump.

Last edited by crei; 2010-07-21 at 21:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crei For This Useful Post: