Active Topics

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto, Canada
Andre Klapper is going around closing a bunch of bugs about google sync at this very moment (it is his job if I am not mistaken) as they are not technically bugs.

Go here to vote for what you want from syncing: http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...nchronization/

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
phew... the requests for google support was (re)moved, my bugreport was retained

That does not mean it will get fixed, likely only he did not notice it. If the others were removed, likely this one should be too. You should truthfully add the google one that was closed as a dependency requirement to yours.

Having an active bug that is not truly valid (if the others are not then that is likely the case) only clogs up bugzilla. I hope this does get fixed as it is a problem for me also, but we need official support for google sync first.

One approach appears to be to go via SyncML, so I've been thinking about trying out syncevolution.

However this won't sync with google directly rather I need to use a syncmlservice. see here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SyncML

The two services most mentioned are
- funambol -- but this is restricted to 90 day free/demo use (can be extended if "active" in community)
- scheduleworld - 25 USD/year for all except imap

I currently have gmail working fine with nokia messaging. So this leaves calendar & contacts. My N900 contacts are now quite complex -- ie lots of fields. I'm barely using google calendar, but intend to do so more.

Can anyone recommend any other services? Or is it really down to one of these two?
Or even if not google syncing any other good "cloud" calendaring/contact services?

Originally Posted by petur View Post
phew... the requests for google support was (re)moved, my bugreport was retained
aklapper just set it to an enhancement, which is good. It is also still open, and depends on that other bug as it should have before. Hopefully when google support is added, that one also is fixed.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Lansing, MI, US
Originally Posted by planetf1 View Post
One approach appears to be to go via SyncML, so I've been thinking about trying out syncevolution.

However this won't sync with google directly rather I need to use a syncmlservice. see here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SyncML

The two services most mentioned are
- funambol -- but this is restricted to 90 day free/demo use (can be extended if "active" in community)
- scheduleworld - 25 USD/year for all except imap

I currently have gmail working fine with nokia messaging. So this leaves calendar & contacts. My N900 contacts are now quite complex -- ie lots of fields. I'm barely using google calendar, but intend to do so more.

Can anyone recommend any other services? Or is it really down to one of these two?
Or even if not google syncing any other good "cloud" calendaring/contact services?
Currently on my N810, I am using Erminig for calendar synch, I believe Loreli is working on ermining-ng for n900. The only syncml services I have used have been Funambol and Scheduleworld. Of the two, Scheduleworld is more complete, but more complex to use and troubleshoot. Funambol has been fairly easy and the developers seem to be very responsive to requests. For the ease of synching contacts, either seem worth the price IMHO.

My N900 is refusing to sync google calendar. It has the latest firmware. Deleted MFE settings, removed all calendars except N900, Re-added MFE, set to use new calendar. Contacted added all ok, calendar - no way.

Any ideas?

Scott

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Near Paris, France
@Scott : maybe you could try Nuevasync : http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=16

The Following User Says Thank You to pierro78 For This Useful Post:
Thanks pierro78. Just created an account and synced everything all ok. Just need google to sort its act out.

Scott

I've just successfully used goosync's syncML service via syncevolution and it worked fine. Goosync also provides its own (optional) contacts storage for those that don't want to do battle with google contacts. It's a commercial service though so you'll need to pay to get the best out of it.

Last edited by stever; 2010-02-14 at 20:56.