Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
Good idea. Now if only I could read the Options Manager .

The Following User Says Thank You to Sho For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Indianapolis, IN
Sorry that I never got back to you in the old thread, but my internet connection was AWOL for a while.

I just updated, and everything's working splendidly thus far. The issue from before (someone mentioned that it only happened on framed websites) where Tear wanted to download certain webpages instead of letting me view them is no longer happening on these sites with the newer version. I've noticed slight overlapping of urls and images on pages like Slashdot, but it doesn't make the site unviewable.

Some times when i tap button with POST tear ask me save script instead of send POST to the server.
Then some times if I push back button tear go back two times.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yes, known problems. Second one fixed.

Do you have tear sources svn? I want compile latest tear version
Thank you for greatest tablet browser.
Is any way to change default browser to tear. I tryied change link in /etc/alternatives but it doesn't work with Nokia applications. May be replace /usr/bin/brower with script open new tear page?

Yes, in Garage.
No way.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
Originally Posted by svs57 View Post
Is any way to change default browser to tear. I tryied change link in /etc/alternatives but it doesn't work with Nokia applications. May be replace /usr/bin/brower with script open new tear page?
Not really... The way to do this would be to change dbus (something always running in the background that carries messages from one application to another) to make it think that com.nokia.Tear (Tear's dbus service name) is actually com.nokia.browser (the official browser's service name). People have brought up the idea of doing this, but there's a small problem: Tear doesn't respond to the same messages the official browser does. Even if it did, there's no guarantee it would work.

Bundyo: If I filed a bug for Tear to also respond to new_window, is there a possibility of you implementing this? I'm not even sure if it would be possible even if Tear did respond to new_window, but it's worth a shot. Maybe I'll boot into Ubuntu later to try to compile Tear with this modification...

Go ahead

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Folks, I seem to have a strange problem on both my tablets (N800 & N810 running latest Diablo SSU).

Over the past few weeks, through the various 0.3 updates, and now 0.3.1, I had a feeling that Tear was getting progressively slower all the time, after the initial impression of blazing speed.

At first I though I was just getting used to the new performance level and impatient for more (like going from 770 to N800 :-), and I read from others here about sluggishness in loading images with certain versions of libwebkit, so I guessed my experience was consistent with everyone else's.

Lately however, surfing with Tear has become unbearably slow and almost unusable. What finally tipped me off is that I realized there was no perceptible difference any more between using a 3G connection on the go and using my own Wifi at home...

Finally I resorted to firing up microb again, which I hadn't done in a good while, and that gave me a shock : on the same sample of pages, microb is now many times faster than Tear, to the point of feeling snappy !

This is totally backwards... any idea what could have caused this situation on both my tablets ?... :-)

Change of perception?
Any samples?

Tags
browserd fix, microb killer, webkit