Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Wish Nokia just made a newer version of N900 with 4.5" screen, dual core ARM, 1GB RAM and keep using Maemo5....

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Montevideo
What if they repackage top open android apps as "demo" of the technology, and then sell to commercial devels to port their apps to this new markets? We could win a lot of new free apps there, and they will do a good sale point to commercialize their product. We all win.

Btw, Google could regret putting Dalvik under Apache License instead of GPL or another copyleft license, as it enables others (like Myriad) to repackage their software as something propietary.

The Following User Says Thank You to gmuslera For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
TweakFlash Plugin?
That still wouldn't help view real Flash 10 content though.

Originally Posted by vvaz View Post
Hah, and there is genius in it

Porting Qt to WP7 or Android gives Nokia nothing. Zero. Null.

But making Android apps running on Symbian and MeeGo is big coup for Nokia. Why? Because best way for developers to get to Symbian/MeeGo users is through Ovi store where Nokia will get its percentage.

It would give Nokia developers that are working primarily on WP7 and Android. I'd say the other way around is a greater weakness. Sure Ovi store might be pre-installed on Nokia sold Meego/Symbian devices. But they might not be on other devices. And there's nothing stopping anyone from opening another store like on Android.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
What about gaming? Most android games (gameloft) require multitouch...
Yea, I guess even if it could run Android games, the multi-touch wont work.
At least with Preenv it can be customised with scripts to make the games work with the keyboard.
But Dalvik may not be that flexible.

Originally Posted by Maruzko View Post
Yea, I guess even if it could run Android games, the multi-touch wont work.
At least with Preenv it can be customised with scripts to make the games work with the keyboard.
But Dalvik may not be that flexible.
Buddy have faith in the community some one will find alternative for it

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dun ask abt location
well here comes da nooooob
i like da comment MeeGoid he pretty smart its better than Alien Dalvik Faiilian
and nokia sux dix i regret buyin nookia n900 (no offense) but what was nokia thinking making a device and not supporting it with some silly applications just for developers no games no cool and funny applications like iOS dats such a shame
and then poof they announce meego and it has been a decade we are all waiting and its still under development
i would suggest every1 shud buy himself a new fone hehheheh

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
So seems to be a repackaging of an app so that it becomes a 'normal' maemo/meego application!?
Then what is the difference with something like https://build.phonegap.com/ ? I believe this kind of service will grow up fast because there is a need to decrease the cost of development while the number of platform is increasing.
Ok a difference is that it may target Maemo but if this is costly for developpers (and it will probably be), then the chance to have anything available for Maemo is small.

My conclusion: this is just advertisement of a new service and they want to use the growing interest in Meego to benefit from it.

Wicked - thats perfect! Meego with adroid apps!

Nokia N9 will kick ***.

Growing interest in MeeGo? Where? My image of the media world is that everybody with access to a keyboard expects MeeGo to never happen, and Nokia to for no apparent/sane reason drop the world's biggest phone OS for Windows Phone 7 and/or Symbian, within a month.

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
@volt:
You can be attracted or interested by rumors. I am not.

Myriad is convinced that Meego will succeed at least !! Otherwise they would not work on this

Tags
2014 no dalvik, android, dalvik, its christmas!, java vm, just shoot me, maemo, meegdroid, meego