Active Topics

Notices

xes, could your trackerfiles be corrupted? U could try tracker-cfg and rebuild databases, or just reinitialize tracker via xterm (not as root), maybe it helps - maybe not

The Following User Says Thank You to Ray-Ven For This Useful Post:
What repos are you lot using?
FAPMAN and HAM are not finding any updates for me for me at all. I've got extras and extras-devel enabled in both Application Managers.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
afaik newer omp needs cssu

The Following User Says Thank You to Ray-Ven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ray-Ven View Post
Hmmmm, wasn't aware of that myself. Is there two versions flying around then or has stock O/S support now ceased?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,237 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by Ray-Ven View Post
there are now two version of OMP available. 1 is compiled for CSSU-Thumb and one is for everyone. DEB file which is attached in gidzz post is for CSSU-Thumb users. Latest version for everyone (stock maemo, CSSU-Testing and CSSU-Stable) is in extras-devel. If you can't download it from extras-devel, you can find the deb file HERE (taken from extras-devel repo).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Cheers panjgoori.
I'll give that a whizz later. Gonna have to redo all my catalogues to make sure I got the right ones too.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
That's pretty strange If it happens in exactly 100% of the cases. What if you start OMP before selecting a file?
This bug with second launch happens very often (I set OMP as the default player, instead of stock player),
approximately 90-95% of cases. But if the player is already open, the song played normally.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarkSide25 For This Useful Post:
Trying this out and I like the look of it, think you've done a great job. I do however have one issue, for which I have a workaround, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

I'm using the thumb version, but accidentally installed the non-thumb version first and saw the same behaviour when I initially opened it up, so it's in both.

I have a load of ogg files, and it seems that some of them are picked up by the music indexer and named, and sorted correctly by artist and album.

However many aren't (this may also occur for mp3s but I have many more oggs and haven't yet found an mp3 in the list) and instead are lumped into Unknown Artist and Unknown Album.

I'm think that this is a tag issue as I did do a load of re-tagging of files sometime in the past. However, this is the first player to not pick up the information in these files (eg Someplayer sorts and labels them correctly).

Also, when playing, in Entertainment view, the correct artist and album names are displayed.

I don't tend to use playlists much and tend to listen to albums as a whole, so my workaround is to use "Whole Directory" setting and select album folders from a file manager.

Using mediainfo I can't see any difference in the tags.

Any ideas?

The Following User Says Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by skanky View Post
Trying this out and I like the look of it, think you've done a great job. I do however have one issue, for which I have a workaround, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

I'm using the thumb version, but accidentally installed the non-thumb version first and saw the same behaviour when I initially opened it up, so it's in both.

I have a load of ogg files, and it seems that some of them are picked up by the music indexer and named, and sorted correctly by artist and album.

However many aren't (this may also occur for mp3s but I have many more oggs and haven't yet found an mp3 in the list) and instead are lumped into Unknown Artist and Unknown Album.

I'm think that this is a tag issue as I did do a load of re-tagging of files sometime in the past. However, this is the first player to not pick up the information in these files (eg Someplayer sorts and labels them correctly).

Also, when playing, in Entertainment view, the correct artist and album names are displayed.

I don't tend to use playlists much and tend to listen to albums as a whole, so my workaround is to use "Whole Directory" setting and select album folders from a file manager.

Using mediainfo I can't see any difference in the tags.

Any ideas?
try

Code:
tracker-processes -r
or touching the problematic files

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
try

Code:
tracker-processes -r
or touching the problematic files
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the tracker-process -r option. After restarting OMP it re-indexed the media, but now it doesn't see any of the ogg files.

Was the inclusion of them before a by-product of using SomePlayer or similar?

The Following User Says Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse