Active Topics

Notices

I did, I'll rerun on eMMC and look at the similarities/differences. Found my SD was formatted to RAW and reran but then the tar for optfs was only 155MB. The card was reformatted to FAT32 with the last result from SD. Will edit this after I see the eMMC second try

2nd try to eMMC....about the same size, I'm going to chalk it up to my SD card being sub-standard

Last edited by xopher; 2010-11-01 at 19:23.

Right finally managed to flash my phone ,

so i finally managed to get backupmenu installed PR1.3 throught i could just install the http://robbiethe1st.afraid.org/Backu...0.50-3_all.deb file but no i need bootmenu an tar_gu any ways never mind that now

After restoreing both (optfs) an (rootfs) files it all went well aprt from 2 things

Kernel power was missing ( reinstalled it all was ok )

an also modified hildon desktop was missing !

so on the hole think i have just found my 2nd best app for n900 . thanks robbie for all your work .

Would it not be possable to create a DEB file with Tar-gu an bootmenu plus you app in 1 so it would all be off line then 1 click installs app an its dependancies !!

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
How on Earth did you manage to lose Kernel in a backup-restore cycle? It copies everything over.

Are you sure you didn't restore an older image or something?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
I installed version .48 but the menu at boot keeps putting .32.

Falla copies in 98% and hangs at that point.

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
How on Earth did you manage to lose Kernel in a backup-restore cycle? It copies everything over.

Are you sure you didn't restore an older image or something?
nope it was my first back up with newist version so no old backups could have got in the way , no idea how it got lost to be honest

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
I installed version .48 but the menu at boot keeps putting .32.
You probably updated or installed the wrong version from the repos. There are two BackupMenus in the repos, IIRC?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
In the description put 0.48, but will check to see ...

Posted from my N900.
Two things:
One, stevomanu is correct. He flashed PR1.3, then restored his PR1.2 backups. These backups only contain rootfs and optfs partitions, and NOT the 2mb kernel/bootloader partition. So, when he flashed PR1.3, it updated his kernel to the PR1.3 one... Which never got removed.
Regarding modified 'hildon-desktop', can you tell me exactly what was modified in the first place, and what -wasn't- afterwards?

Two, and I -just- figured this out last night, the 'backupmenu.item' in /etc/bootmenu.d/ is considered a "configuration" file by the deb packager. This means it doesn't get replaced with an 'upgrade'!
The solution is simple, however:
Run "apt-get remove --purge backupmenu" before installing the new version. This will delete any lingering files, and prevent confusion.

In other news, I added a paypal donate link to the first post, as requested. I, honestly, never thought about it before now.

*whew* - typing this much on my phone's a bit of a pain.

i didnt have any PR1.2 back ups at all , only used this app since updating to 1.3 i waited first , as for my hildon desktop i had 3.3 patched version an it was for my desktop switcher 4 screen mod i wasnt able to click to change screen, i installed the deb file i had an all was good ..

an ye it is a task typing loads out on phone !

what about my other question about putting app in all one 1

Did you flash a fiasco image before restoring or something?

Also, no, I don't think I will. Remember, once extras-devel comes back online, a simple 'apt-get install backupmenu' will install all dependancies at their latest versions.
Also, it'd make things harder for multiboot people - now, installation is possible by installing gnu-tar, then running "dpkg --force-depends -i ./backupmenu*.deb", then using multiboot to launch "/usr/share/backupmenu/BackupMenuLauncher.item".

The Following User Says Thank You to RobbieThe1st For This Useful Post:

Tags
backup, backupmenu, cssusupplement, max(useful), rescue-console, restore, system