Active Topics

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
battery life.... I mean, if anyone tells me that their smartphone can last 24 hours connected to the internet (I seriously almost do 24 hours of it), watch 2-3 hours of video, listening to songs almost all the time in between tasks, play 2-3 hours of NFSCU, 2-3 hours of heroes of sparta, make phone calls 4-5 hours, and still can make it through the day without plugging in a charger...

I'm calling it BS.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
To be honest, if I was the OP's mates I would disown him for having such an embarassing phone. Kick him to the curb, sister. You go girl. It's true. Imagine being in a pub and you all have iPhones and Androids, and then one of your crew hoists out an N900. Need steroids to get that thing out as well. Nah, it's shameful. A shameful experience.
Depends on what friends you got. ^^

In the situation where 11 out of 12 is owning iPhones, it's always those who owned an iPhone 3/GS feeling embarrassed to put their phone on the table, and eventually hide them underneth. The rest of the, say, 7 iPhone 4 owners are not that proud afterall, as it'd like the awkward situation where you find you and others dressing alike in a party. The could compare their unique taste with cases, but that conversation would die pretty fast.

The 12th odd phone taken out can always attract the attention and question in this situation. I've never ever running into a group that take proud on having taken the majority choice on phone.

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
@Dark Angel 85

I too impressed someone with the half press thing, I must say. They couldn't believe their eyes when I deleted a file with it.

Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Depends on what friends you got. ^^

In the situation where 11 out of 12 is owning iPhones, it's always those who owned an iPhone 3/GS feeling embarrassed to put their phone on the table, and eventually hide them underneth. The rest of the, say, 7 iPhone 4 owners are not that proud afterall, as it'd like the awkward situation where you find you and others dressing alike in a party. The could compare their unique taste with cases, but that conversation would die pretty fast.

The 12th odd phone taken out can always attract the attention and question in this situation. I've never ever running into a group that take proud on having taken the majority choice on phone.
A lot of my friends are from the Gay community. They feel that the N900 is too macho for their tastes. you know.

Originally Posted by Dark_Angel85 View Post
I'm calling it BS.
Uh oh.....

I can feel through the Force that Mentalist Traceur is cooking up an essay right now, to dispute this claim.

Death....by Essay.

Just messing with you Mentalist. Ruv you really.

Last edited by JamesBond@ge; 2011-03-14 at 01:48.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
Uh oh.....

I can feel through the Force that Mentalist Traceur is cooking up an essay right now, to dispute this claim.

Death....by Essay.

Just messing with you Mentalist. Ruv you really.
Lol I never saw this until now, but I was looking through my old posts/threads to try to find something, and this amused me.

I actually wouldn't dispute that claim though - battery life on the N900 is okay and it CAN survive through a day of "average" use, but the kind he was talking about, would kill it within like 2-4 hours, depending on what use specifically you use from his examples.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
I love my N900, however have switched back to my N96.

2 reasons
Battery life, if you can call less than one day life and Lack of sat nav that was promised when i bought the phone.

I only use my N900 as a paper weight.

Originally Posted by sydeccles View Post
I love my N900, however have switched back to my N96.

2 reasons
Battery life, if you can call less than one day life and Lack of sat nav that was promised when i bought the phone.

I only use my N900 as a paper weight.
Then why are you posting on Maemo forums? Sell your N900 and let others enjoy it...

The Following User Says Thank You to tushyd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 213 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Rota Land
OP there's a river near my house. i can gladly throw it for you. :P

The Following User Says Thank You to riceboy For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, crane