Successed of N770 with he2008!!!

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by haoside View Post
Successed of N770 with he2008!!!
haoside, what is he2008? I've seen many references to HE2008 or 2008HE, but how is an "he" OS different from the regular?

Did you have to modify anything for the N770, or is my guide good for the N770 just like it is?

Thanks.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

2008 HE is just 2008 for the 770; the processor is different (no FPU, I think), but WRT flashing, should be the same as any 770 OS, I think.

From an applications perspective, it's close to OS2008; many things can run fine on both, some things need recompiled.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
2008 HE is just 2008 for the 770; the processor is different (no FPU, I think), but WRT flashing, should be the same as any 770 OS, I think.

From an applications perspective, it's close to OS2008; many things can run fine on both, some things need recompiled.
2007 barely lives on th n770. 2008 looked niced but left no memory to be usable. I am hoping to find a biggee MMC card than 1 gig to soo how it does with more swap and temp space.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Not having an 810 -- as I understand it, the 810 will hold only one extra card, so you don't have to worry about unmounting the one you don't have.

I guess mmc2 refers to a second multimedia card -- it does on the N800, anyway.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
There is no media/mmc2 it's /media/mmc2
/edit - and it's nominally your internal card.
try "fsck -k /media/m*"
PLEASE use the Wiki

Last edited by gemniii42; 2008-05-25 at 01:58.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2008 @ Central London
guys im in need of help please. i stupidly lost track and completed step ten before completing step 9. can somebody please tell me what this will mean and what i can do to correct the problem please. my internet tablet is still running x term but after typing yes at the end of step 9C i just shows rows of
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
and i think it is still generating lines now. it has been doing this for about 20-25 minits. what should i do please?? thanks. (as youve probably guessed, im a total linux newbie.

please someone help with the above question. when i am booting up it says booting from mmc 2 is not availble. what steps can i now take to get the os copied over? i think it is not copying because i have already reformatted the memory card in step ten (at the beginning of this thread). which step do i need to go back to and start again? please some one help. thanks

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by joellanderson View Post
please someone help with the above question. when i am booting up it says booting from mmc 2 is not availble. what steps can i now take to get the os copied over? i think it is not copying because i have already reformatted the memory card in step ten (at the beginning of this thread). which step do i need to go back to and start again? please some one help. thanks
Completing step 10, format FAT, before step 9, flash, is fine. That is NOT the problem. Booting from mmc2 is NOT available means the cloning is NOT successful. No big deal. Detail about your system, the make of the SD and the present status, using some file manager, to see where you are. Chances are the partition has gone wrong, diskUsage will see that. Post back, we will help you. Yes, I have NOT read your previous post.

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
thanx for the reply but i just reflashed and i am going to start again from scratch as i made other stupid little mistakes. probably because i was half asleep when doing it. thanks agen for your time hope i get it right this time.