Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
AFAIK, there are many confirmed reports about doing so, while using mplayer (and derivatives) + experimenting with mixer. Of course, "blow up" doesn't mean explosion - it's just damaging the speaker membrane.
OK. I have missed those reports. Thanks for the warning to be careful until permanent fix is found.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
+1. I think, that it is what freemangordon speaks about.

/Estel
Missed that one too. Good to know I'm not the only one concerned about this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Which pulseaudio filter? Do you know in which package is filter libraries? I'm asking this becuase some closed pulseaudio packages was opened on meego gitorious repositories.
Look at the pulseaudio-module-nokia-music, pulseaudio-module-nokia-voice and pulseaudio-module-nokia-record packages.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
Look at the pulseaudio-module-nokia-music, pulseaudio-module-nokia-voice and pulseaudio-module-nokia-record packages.
See this repo:
http://meego.gitorious.org/maemo-mul...ees/master/src

Here are all plugins: music, voice, record

First commit for that repository is:
http://meego.gitorious.org/maemo-mul...2f262a7ebe413c

Code:
split: Copy every file relevant to pulseaudio-meego from pulseuaudio-nokia

Copying was made from pulseaudio-nokia[pulsaudio-meego-split-point]
So I think that repo may have same pulseaudio plugins as in fremantle...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@Pali, maacruz:

AIUI audio filter could be very good thing to have, yet we missing:

-proper kernel patch
-useland support

so I don't see the point to enable that patch in KP50. Nor to continue the discussion in the context of KP50. Even if someone is going to write the missing pieces it will take a good amount of time, so lets leave the exercise for some future KP version.

@maacruz, I can confirm that without those 6 patches there are no more xorg and other processes crashes, from today I am going to enable patches one by one, lets see which one is the bugger

@Pali - I would recommend (not to say insist ) to disable CONFIG_ARM_ERRATA_430973 in rx51_defconfig until (and if) there is a need for it. Having this errata workaround enabled in KP brings only massive slowdown to the system, without any benefit, as there are no thumb-compiled binaries yet. And would you please make a new .debs with latest patches excluding those 6 from maacruz until I find which one brings the problems.

Last edited by freemangordon; 2012-02-06 at 09:53.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@Pali - I would recommend (not to say insist ) to disable CONFIG_ARM_ERRATA_430973 in rx51_defconfig until (and if) there is a need for it. Having this errata workaround enabled in KP brings only massive slowdown to the system, without any benefit, as there are no thumb-compiled binaries yet. And would you please make a new .debs with latest patches excluding those 6 from maacruz until I find which one brings the problems.
Ok, and what about?

CONFIG_ARM_THUMB=y
CONFIG_ARM_THUMBEE=y

This is not enabled in stock, but in KP.

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Frankfurt, Germany
@Pali, maacruz:
with thumb2, we could use an up-to-date ubuntu-rootfs in easy-chroot!

Originally Posted by mankir View Post
with thumb2, we could use an up-to-date ubuntu-rootfs in easy-chroot!
Did you ever try running thumb2 compiled ubuntu distribution in chroot environment?

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Ok, and what about?

CONFIG_ARM_THUMB=y
CONFIG_ARM_THUMBEE=y

This is not enabled in stock, but in KP.
Most probably it is better to leave them turned on, I am running a kernel with only errata workaround disabled. Anyway will look through the code to check what those are used for.

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 276 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Frankfurt, Germany
Did you ever try running thumb2 compiled ubuntu distribution in chroot environment?
yes, but there occur random reboots when executing some bins...

Originally Posted by mankir View Post
yes, but there occur random reboots when executing some bins...
Which means that either kernel thumb errata workaround does not work on n900 (because IBE bit is not accessible from non-secure mode) or this workaround is incomplete. In both cases it does not make sense to have this errata workaround enabled in kernel.

BTW can you provide me some hints how to install chrooted thumb2 compiled Ubuntu, I really need something heavy and thumb2 compiled to test the errata workaround in question, along with another possible workarounds for that ARM thumb errata. As the final goal is to have stable thumb2 support on n900 (if humanly possible).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

Tags
development, kernel-power