Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by dannycamps View Post
With all due respect to the developer of SomePlayer, I did download it and try it today but found it very unintuitive and clunky.

As a developer, I appreciate the passion and commitment that goes into creating a piece of software but I would say that SomePlayer (while it may have a number of nice features) is in no way shape or form polished enough to be able to replace the default Media Player.

I would much rather see MAG's 1:1 clone of the existing media player (with some additional features thrown in).
Or the CSSU should have option for completely removing the Nokla Media player and we can install any player in its place, the contenders being Rockbox, MAG's Media player and Someplayer.
So, to each, his own.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
It seems the develper of SomePlayer has been working on this new media player for the last 6 months, I assume without mentioning it to anybody on the forum including you.

I haven't tried it yet but posters on this link are saying it is what the standard media player should have been from the start..
As I understand it, SomePlayer doesn't do Internet radio, DLNA, or video, and it does not use MAFW. It isn't a drop-in replacement for Media Player.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
I have created a Community SSU Requests page at http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Feature_Requests

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
its usable enough. some player

about some player.
a bit more eye candy would help... like covewrflow or album view similar to the n8.
the app could be faster too.
it doesnt support aac and it clips when rotating or changing some. but of course its first release may improve
what the default media player needs its EQ and potrait support :/. sadly it closed-

"Improved Portrait Mode in Virtual keyboard"
can we make our own, kinda kinw fastSMS but full QWERT copy paste?

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I wanted to point out a "bug" that is technically indeed a bug but in a feature really not intended for mass-use anyway:

If you have dbus_shortcuts_use_fn set to true (a feature included in the CSSU, as it was part of matan's original modified desktop mods - unless you're using ctrl+fn for some other fancy stuff, it is actually a very useful feature - and no it doesn't conflict with the symbols vkb because if you press ctrl+fn instead of fn+ctrl, it doesn't trigger the special symbols menu at all - order of press makes a difference), "ctrl+fn+shift+L" to auto-rotate does NOT work.

On that subject, a while back someone asked - how do I add Ctrl+Fn+Shift+L to the shortcutd menu. For this, the three ways right now are, A: modify shortcutd and compile it for yourself accordingly. B: download xdotool (I compiled the binaries/libs for it some time ago: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70076 ...if enough people want it, I will eventually make a .deb and maybe even try to get it into the repos), and then use the xdotool command in the custom shell command option of shortcutd (if anyone actually wants to know how, ask). Third method is figure out some other way to fake key presses - I know dbus must have some way of doing it - I refuse to believe it doesn't - but for all I know the xorg xtest libs that xdotool and shortcutd both use are the only way to fake key presses in X-window based systems.

Similarly, my N900 was undergoing very odd reboots/shut-downs at random intervals. Well, what I thought was random, as time went in, it started clicking that it was correlated to one very specific thing - "Shift+Fn+arrow" - I have Fn+Arrows mapped to PgUp/PgDown/Home/End, and combining that with shift is basically like holding down shift while using the latter four keys - let's you select from cursor to the end/beginning of the line, or for a PgUp/Pg/Down's worth of text.

When this clicked, I started to suspect that this Shift+Fn+Arrow spontaneous-crash had something to do with the dbus_shortcuts_use_fn setting available for the hildon-desktop packages that use these mods.

Anyway, I just recently disabled the dbus_shortcuts_use_fn setting, and will see how it goes... if the spontaneous crashes go away (they started around the time the CSSU first came out, and I know I enabled dbus_shortcuts_use_fn the day I first installed the CSSU, which was the day it came out), I'll report back here.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Alaska
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel85 View Post
dang... trying to reactivate my bugzilla account... hmmmmm
if you can't figure it out, PM me your bug report and i will file it for you w/ my account.

The Following User Says Thank You to tokag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Bug**

* Forcerotation makes the Photos apps full screen rotation rotate 180 degrees when doing 90 degrees rotate and causing the photo to display half of another photo with the current photo.

* App manager rendering useless with CSSU, always scans and scans for Updates when ever exit or click Download. Terrible!! very time consuming and stuck on "checking for updates....." none stop is annoying. Please fix this

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
My N900 just went apes*** crazy. It had suddenly shut itself down during the night, has never happened before. It woke me up with an alarm though. I put it to charge and checked my emails. I left modest running, and went to have breakfast, during which the N900 had an alarm. It started to beep, as I got atleast 20 notifications of 'Temporary error, there is not enough memory.' Finally I got the notification, but now the device runs extremely hot and doesn't respond too well, actually doesn't respond at all.

I think I remove the battery, reboot and remove the CSSU as this is getting too wild for my tastes. I'll wait until it gets out of testing.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by Mandibela View Post
My N900 just went apes*** crazy. It had suddenly shut itself down during the night, has never happened before. It woke me up with an alarm though. I put it to charge and checked my emails. I left modest running, and went to have breakfast, during which the N900 had an alarm. It started to beep, as I got atleast 20 notifications of 'Temporary error, there is not enough memory.' Finally I got the notification, but now the device runs extremely hot and doesn't respond too well, actually doesn't respond at all.

I think I remove the battery, reboot and remove the CSSU as this is getting too wild for my tastes. I'll wait until it gets out of testing.
I would suggest to start a fresh thread to tackle your issue!
Just removing the CSSU will not be enough, even i would doubt it comes from the CSSU at all.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
* Forcerotation makes the Photos apps full screen rotation rotate 180 degrees when doing 90 degrees rotate and causing the photo to display half of another photo with the current photo.
Confirmed!

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade