Active Topics

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by colchaodemola View Post
i have this problem too... actually hildon-home cpu goes to 100% for a while ... so you wont be able to click in the icons ... my solution is put an icon to killall hildon-home ... terrible !
This problem is there since PR1.2 already. Some say it's related to the Desktop Command Execution Widget (or some bug there) but I haven't ever verified that.

Annoying, anyway.

Originally Posted by ArturRubinstein View Post
This problem is there since PR1.2 already. Some say it's related to the Desktop Command Execution Widget (or some bug there) but I haven't ever verified that.

Annoying, anyway.
i dont have "Desktop Command Execution Widget" installed and i never had any problem with pr 1.2... for me this is the worst bug ...affects directly the main UI.

Please vote on this simple bug that python2.5-qt4-common package intorduces incompatability with other python2.5-qt4-* packages. bugzilla link is below I filed it against AnselA but there are other packages as well

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11516

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
i dont have "Desktop Command Execution Widget" installed and i never had any problem with pr 1.2... for me this is the worst bug ...affects directly the main UI.
Ok, then I also would like to know what this is about, as I also experience this bug. However, as I said, since PR1.2 (it was even worse there than in 1.3, sometimes twice a day).

Actually, I hoped this would be resolved in PR1.3, but alas...

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Nairobi, Kenya
Originally Posted by asidana View Post
even though you have defined internet access points if you open a web page without connection to the Internet a warning comes up and says there are no saved connections while phone picks up your internet access points!
I also have this internet connection problem. Any application that requires internet doesn't seem to instantly pick the saved connection. A 'no saved connection' warning will flash and then the list of saved connections appear.

However, the connection acts normally when initiated through the main menu from the homescreen. Any solution to this problem?

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
I've got the problem that my e-mail app won't ope
n when clicking on the incoming email message. It just happens nothing. But after opening the e-mail program manually, the new message gets shown directly. What could I do to fix this annoying bug ?
This is an issue when you have filters set in your exchange server. This was also the case in the modest version of PR1.2.

Mails that are directed directly to a folder and skip the inbox cannot be opened.

Also, this has nothing to do with other programs mentioned by others.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
i am really thinking about get back to PR 1.2

PR 1.3 is too bug ... can not make a skype call anymore ... It just says unable to establish connection ...
Can get skype call just fine ...

how does the repositories work if i get back to pr 1.2 ?
Will the applications in app manager still work ?

I am on PR 1.3 and have had no issues with skype or skype video calls, You might be able to go back to pr 1.2 but eventually applications will start requireing PR 1.3 will not update or install. I would suggest reflash pr 1.3 then slowly add your applications back I have added some applications that have negetivly impacted performance, especially true of the dev repo. I would think though the extras repo should be fine to use and I would file a bug in the bug traker if there are any problems from extras applications.

i am really thinking about get back to PR 1.2

PR 1.3 is too bug ... can not make a skype call anymore ... It just says unable to establish connection ...
Can get skype call just fine ...

how does the repositories work if i get back to pr 1.2 ?
Will the applications in app manager still work ?

i will see what i can do ... reflashed 5 times already ...
I am gonna wait till the extra repository is fixed ... apparently some qt dependency is broken and backup wont be able to restore successfully.

I was using exactly the same config (Nokia Messaging with Googlemail) with PR 1.2 and everything was working fine.
Could you tell me where to find the filter settings and how to fix it ?
Your help is much appreciated.

Greez

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
This is an issue when you have filters set in your exchange server. This was also the case in the modest version of PR1.2.

Mails that are directed directly to a folder and skip the inbox cannot be opened.

Also, this has nothing to do with other programs mentioned by others.

Tags
pr1.3