Active Topics

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
is this app goong to change my power kernel and void my warranty ?

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oslo, Norway
this thread is like a timelaps, so slow.... lol

by the way, i think you voided your warranty when you installed power kernel.

Can I haz screenshots of app?

-s-

Originally Posted by tpaixao View Post
Hey guys and gals,

just to let you know that I'm listening and actively working on these issues. Right now I just finished implementing a couple of improvements:

1) there is now a small overlay to indicate that the timer is running

2) I disabled the animation control and it is set to off by default

3) and most importantly, Timelapse now turns off the sensor between shots to save power. This will probably need some controls because it is not worth the extra latency if you're only going to take a couple of shots or if the interval between the shots is extremely short. I still have to implement these controls, but that should be easy. This should address your complaints about power saving.

furthermore, I plan to add an option to skip saving the DNGs and just save JPEGs.

I would release this new version right now but, since I still want to implement these few things and, it's late and I don't feel like packaging right now, you'll have to wait a bit longer.

In the meanwhile, if you could give me your opinions on what kind of controls do you think are convenient for the "sensor off" setting, it would be appreciated. I'm thinking of a minimum number of shots to be taken and maybe a minimum interval between the shots.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you these updates.
Great news. I just came across this app today and was curious if the above changes are close to being implemented. I can't wait to use the app

Ended up going with timelapse-0,2 as timelapse-0.17 kept crashing on me. timelapse-0.17 looked really great though so if it's a little more stable this go around I'd be pumped

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Glasgow, Scotland
Hi all,

Firstly I want to properly thank tpaixao, Ricardo for the original script, and anyone else involved for their time and effort, this program is one of the reasons i still hold my n900 dear.

I also wanted to post a first attempt at time lapse video!
It sucks a bit because there was too big an interval at the start, then my mate called me and i answered it. and i tried to get it back into position but failed, and made it a 2 minute gap between photos instead of 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBnv6B3NuI0

Im trying again today with a 1 minute gap, but the sun wasnt out today so may look horrible.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by finlaybob View Post
Hi all,

Firstly I want to properly thank tpaixao, Ricardo for the original script, and anyone else involved for their time and effort, this program is one of the reasons i still hold my n900 dear.

I also wanted to post a first attempt at time lapse video!
It sucks a bit because there was too big an interval at the start, then my mate called me and i answered it. and i tried to get it back into position but failed, and made it a 2 minute gap between photos instead of 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBnv6B3NuI0

Im trying again today with a 1 minute gap, but the sun wasnt out today so may look horrible.
I saw the other two videos you posted in youtube. Nice results!!
What did you use to stich the pictures?

I find Google's Picasa does the job well, it stitches the photos automatically in order and lets you control the fps nicely. I'll post some of the one ive made of a work site next door tomorrow.

just a quick comment, my old phone had a broken usb, was sent back in to nokia for repair which they ended up replacing, i had changed my power kernel and it did not affect my warranty, i dint even flash it back to the origional factory kernel before sending.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
hello , just wanted to give the thumbs up on someone making a video on how to work this app ! installed it but don't know how it works? how to video would be nice

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Canada
tpaixao, I noticed in the thread that before using the fcamera code you had a problem creating a .deb package that would install from the package manager without needing root privileges to install.

If you still have that problem or if anyone else is suffering from Qt Creator you should find the following link helpful:
http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/H...and_Maemo_N900

The main issue is that the control file produced before it builds categorizes your program as <unknown>. The package manager wants your program to be of a known category like user/games or user/utilities in the case of your useful timelapse app. The link I posted should help correct the problem before you rebuild the package appropriately.

Tags
camera, photo