Active Topics

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Cagliari, Italy
I've bought aqua Fish this morning (Cagliari local time,of course).
Paid through Paisapay system (my paypal mastercard plus a picture of my ID with the card attached ).
And now.....I'm waiting for some (good, I hope) news.
I'll keep You posted......

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to requiem_76 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post

A charger is not optional. It is the most essential piece of equipment you can possibly imagine. Selling a battery powered device without a charger is not even like selling a car without a spare tire, it is like selling a car without the driver's seat. Sure there are companies that sell better driver seats than those that came with the car. That does not mean a car should be sold without one.

I have *reams and reams* of mobile chargers, and I don't want another one, because they're all basically identical (sure, exceptions are exceptions).

If people replaced their car every two years on average, and the car seat easily detached from the car and could fit in any old cubby-hole, I wouldn't want a car seat "free" with my car either.

"Free" means included in the price already. If you pay for them separately, you pay for them only when you need them.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by MikeHG View Post
I have *reams and reams* of mobile chargers
I don't. I need more chargers than devices for the reasons already mentioned. The only way I could obtain the surplus was by buying extra chargers.

If people replaced their car every two years on average *snip*
In other words, the problem is not that the charger was included with every device you boy.
The problem is that
a) you buy devices too frequently;
b) when you get a new one, you get rid of the old one in such a way that you keep the charger.

Mosen is right, people's habits need to change.

If you have too many, why don't you donate the surplus to a charity, for example? Not all charities accept electrical goods because then need to be safety tested which costs them money but some do. I purchased the extra chargers I mentioned above from one such charity shop.

"Free" means included in the price already. If you pay for them separately, you pay for them only when you need them.
Correct in theory. In practice, as we saw with the Jolla tablet, the price is set and excluding components is a cost saving exercise.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Another AquaFish intex twitter promotion from this morning!
They even got the Sailfish right this time

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Anyone in EU bought theirs from indian ebay???
Yes, bought it a few minutes ago, i'll keep you updated.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
In other words, the problem is not that the charger was included with every device you boy.
The problem is that
b) when you get a new one, you get rid of the old one in such a way that you keep the charger.
I didn't say I buy a new device every two years, did I? I implied people do on average (I don't know the exact figure, admittedly).

I have chargers from a variety of sources, including ones I've inherited from various friends / associates. People throw them away without thinking about them, because they come with practically every phone (or other USB charged device) under the sun...

If you have too many, why don't you donate the surplus to a charity, for example? Not all charities accept electrical goods because then need to be safety tested which costs them money but some do. I purchased the extra chargers I mentioned above from one such charity shop.
I generally use my devices to destruction, and if I have a surplus of phones / chargers / headphones I'll give them away. Charity shops normally won't take them any more, but it's normally not too hard to find someone who wants one of them - homeless charities, for example.

Correct in theory. In practice, as we saw with the Jolla tablet, the price is set and excluding components is a cost saving exercise.
Out of curiosity, how do you know this if the device was never sold with a charger included?

Shouldn't your complaint then be that companies should price correctly? If people's expectation was that phones didn't come with loads of rubbish they'll probably throw away (and make no mistake about it, many of them do), in the end the prices would be forced to adjust.

If you had an option of getting a decent charger for £5 or so at the same time as buying the phone, what exactly would the problem be? Less waste, and less cost for people with the sense not to destroy / lose their chargers...

-edit:

Here is an estimate that there are 100 million unused chargers floating around in the UK: http://www.o2.co.uk/thinkbig/planet/...out-of-the-box

Here an estimate that 70% of those buying a phone already have a compatible charger: http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/ethic...vironment.aspx

Last edited by MikeHG; 2016-07-29 at 16:24.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Stockholm
patience and coffee..
I bought mine three days ago, today I received the confirmation of payment from Paysapay..
same here, I'll keep everyone interested posted

Originally Posted by requiem_76 View Post
I've bought aqua Fish this morning (Cagliari local time,of course).
Paid through Paisapay system (my paypal mastercard plus a picture of my ID with the card attached ).
And now.....I'm waiting for some (good, I hope) news.
I'll keep You posted......

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to attoiu For This Useful Post:
The problem is that

This is true, but it is also still true that identical chargers are included with every single device. Even if you only have one tablet and one mobile phone in the whole household, you still have at least one charger you won't use, because the odds that you'll have to charge both the tablet and the phone at the same time are not particularly high. Why even use the charger when you can just plug the USB cable into your computer and charge the device that way? It's slower, but the device is right next to you, and you're usually at the computer for a long enough time to sufficiently (if not fully) charge the phone/tablet.

An additional problem is that you don't need more chargers because they break too often, but that you need a good charger which won't break anytime soon. Good chargers won't be included even with the most expensive devices (just look at the junk Apple's devices come with, which is generally already broken in the first week), and why would you want to contribute to the pile of technological waste by buying cheapo chargers (as part of the device package) rather than just buying one or two good ones which will last a very long time?

It's the same thing with tin can earphones or any other rubbish manufacturers put in the boxes of their products, they're of such low quality (both in material and in the sound they produce) that no one in their right mind would use them. Better to buy a decent pair of earphones separately which will last much longer and sound like heaven compared to the ear-piercing shrills of the earphones packed in the box of your phone.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
congrats me . my fish arrived 10 minutes ago. will use it all night .

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
u cant use this phone with one hand.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:

Tags
intex, sailfishos, scamalot!, scamfish