Active Topics

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by pali View Post
/sbin/preinit call /bootmenu.sh if exists. bootmenu of multiboot are one of alternative scripts. (you can create your own which only load modules)
Ohhhh... thank you for clarifying. I had no idea it did that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
do I need to edit the modules file in /etc after install power47?

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
sms seem got problem..receiving sms dupicately

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
do I need to edit the modules file in /etc after install power47?
The file should stay untouched. You can add other stuff into it, of course, but if you've already edited your file how you want, it should be fine. (Edit: Well, honestly, I might be wrong, I'm not 100% sure.)

Also, for what it's worth, I've had a "few" (read: shitloads) SMS errors over the course of my N900 ownership, none have ever tied to power kernel, and I haven't had anything error on my while using my N900 since I installed this kernel power 47 prerelease.

'course, it plus some other programs might cause SMS bugs, but that's not inherently a kernel issue, if related at all.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-05-03 at 06:15.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@pali - Yeah, I should ask my questions in a clearer way. Anyway, I have patch for kp46 and want to give it to someone who will include it in further version of kp. Who and how shall I give th patch? Hope it is clearer now.

@ Pali

I had installed Kernel Power 46 and added bleeding edge wl1251 kernel on top of it. Now i have replaced wl1251 with kernel power 47. Just for the heck of it, went into bleeding edge wl1251 access point fix and loaded it and it works according to lsmod output.

Is it actually working with kernel power 47 or just loaded the file? thx.

Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
@ Pali

I had installed Kernel Power 46 and added bleeding edge wl1251 kernel on top of it. Now i have replaced wl1251 with kernel power 47. Just for the heck of it, went into bleeding edge wl1251 access point fix and loaded it and it works according to lsmod output.

As I said earlier in this thread, it seems to me that the injection modules load and work just fine.

Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
@ Pali

I did not play with bleeding edge wl1251 driver. So I do not know if binaries from old build working with build v47...

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@pali - Yeah, I should ask my questions in a clearer way. Anyway, I have patch for kp46 and want to give it to someone who will include it in further version of kp. Who and how shall I give th patch? Hope it is clearer now.
You can send patch to me or attach it here in this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Did anyone manage to repace the dots and nokia hands with framebuffer console?
I loaded the module ok from the preinit script but i need to find a way to disable the dots and the hands

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
As I said earlier in this thread, it seems to me that the injection modules load and work just fine.
i believe its working too !

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou