Active Topics

It worked! FTP that is. I downloaded resco explorer 4.01.4 for the GVM and filezilla server for my PC. After setting up an account (not anonymous) I was able to ftp files from the GVM to my PC! This is monumental! I now have direct file access to and from GVM. Since I still can't get HotSync to work from the GVM, this is the only way to back up my data. Aside from copying the entire GVM virtual machine that is.

I still can't get my old notepad to open though. I had planned on syncing the notes to Palm Desktop, then transfer the account to my Palm Vx, hoping Palm Desktop would do some kind of conversion. Since the Palm Vx has an older version of Note Pad. But the latest version of Palm Desktop is missing Note Pad! It's treating it like an user installed app and simply backing it up. I probably have to find an older version of Palm Desktop.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boosted For This Useful Post:
Ok I got the notepad problem resolved. I forgot T3 has a compatility option where it will beam a compatible version to older devices. So I beamed everything that I wanted to keep to my Vx, copied the pdb to GVM, and voila, all my notes are there now! Yes I did have to do it one note at a time, but I cleaned out a lot of old and outdated stuff at the same time. I also had to bluetooth the pdb from T3 to PC, then bluetooth to N810. For some reason filez just won't bluetooth directly to N810.

Last edited by boosted; 2008-08-03 at 02:36.

Originally Posted by boosted View Post
It worked! FTP that is. I downloaded resco explorer 4.01.4 for the GVM and filezilla server for my PC. After setting up an account (not anonymous) I was able to ftp files from the GVM to my PC! This is monumental! I now have direct file access to and from GVM. Since I still can't get HotSync to work from the GVM, this is the only way to back up my data. Aside from copying the entire GVM virtual machine that is.
After reading your post, I thought I'd also try the Network Connection in Resco Explorer to see if I could transfer files. Sure enough it works too and it's easy to set up. You just need to set up a shared folder on your PC that also allows network users to change files. For example, my PC ip address is 192.168.1.8 and my shared folder name is 1nokia, so in Network Connections in Resco Explorer I added a network connection with the path:
\\192.168.1.8\1nokia

Now I can see all the files and folders in my 1nokia folder on my PC and transfer individual files to and from Garmin GM using Resco Exploerer. Thanks for your useful info!

I'm glad I helped! I tried using the network too and it worked for me as well. Now I have 2 options!

Thanks for verifying that resco w/ftp does the job! I'll be checking that one out.
As for filez BT to N810, I have successfully BT'ed with FileZ from my T3 to my N800. It didn't work right away though, nothing was received on my N800 -- until I rebooted (that is, hit the reset button) my T3. After that I have BT'ed lots of files with FileZ.

Tags
garnet, palm