Active Topics

Notices

And the response from Mike:
"If it supports monitor I'll do my best to make it work, though I don't have a device currently and if anyone wants to email me a) info on setting modes and b) a tcpdump -s -1 (or -s 65535 depending on the tcpdump version), then i'll do what I can"

you can contact him at http://www.kismetwireless.net/

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by Samuel
OMAP doesn't have any wireless module. TI has some of course, but they're not part of any OMAP.
The wireless chip running on the 770 is Conexant's CX3110x, and it now supports monitor mode.
First, I confirm that 770 (whatever chipset it may be) supports RFMON: I'm able to use airodump on it.

I've just installed Kismet (from a debian ARM package) on my N770 and I confirm that it runs well with a source type of wlanng.
I had to type
iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor
before launching kismet_server however.

I will post, tonight, on my web site http://770.blas.net, a screenshot of the 770 running the kismet_client GUI.

db

Last edited by Gourmet; 2006-02-09 at 16:14. Reason: a few things to add

wlanng has a nonstandard monitor mode set, which is why you had to set monitor mode. Try another source.

Mike says he usually does not like telling people to fake the source type because it leads to grief later. So test prism54, thats probably a good one and if it works, to send him the info he asked about from tcpdump to make sure and he will make a proper source type for it.

Last edited by skynetos; 2006-02-09 at 16:53.

Originally Posted by skynetos
Ah, when I was looking at the TI OMAP board it said it had on board 802.11g.
The eval boards might have some external 802.11 chipset, but not the OMAP itself.

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
Have the develpers Email me - I'll set up some way to run any commands they need from me. Maybe I can get some Bluetooth DUN working into which they can SSH. I don't know. I'll figure out something.

Originally Posted by skynetos
wlanng has a nonstandard monitor mode set, which is why you had to set monitor mode. Try another source.
My goal wasn't to test every source type but to show that it already exists a debian Kismet that works.

Mike says he usually does not like telling people to fake the source type because it leads to grief later. So test prism54, thats probably a good one and if it works, to send him the info he asked about from tcpdump to make sure and he will make a proper source type for it.
The source 'prism54g' works.

I'll send a pcap trace to Mike as soon as possible.

db

*squirming in my chair*

Two weeks later - any news?

Which news ?

Gourmet: Have you heard anything from Mike?