Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Benson: A DBUS command should be very easy to implement and something I know how to do (after working on Large Statusbar Clock).

General: Is that just a mock-up?

How do you make the icons bigger?

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
netss: So far you don't. The size is hard coded in this version. In the next release there will be a mechanism to change the icon size.

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Central Illinois
I've noticed that when you launch an application, you see a message like (e.g. for xterm) "/usr/bin/osso-xterm started" rather than "X Terminal started". I guess I can understand that for applications added via the command line that you would see this full path/file format. However, for icons added from a .desktop entry, I would prefer to see the "Name=" field. Or alternatively, add a "Launch text" field to the list of fields in the "Edit command" window so that the user can specify the text displayed while launching an application.

terrencegf: Thanks for reminding me. I wasn't able to do it for this release, but as I clean up the code I will pass the app name (what you see listed as the text in Personal Menu) and use that for the notification.

There seems to be a problem with adding arbitrary commands where sometimes it just doesn't add. I might have broken something recently, but I am pretty sure it was adding them at one point. I hope to have this fixed for next release.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i got to say, there are some silly interesting stuff hiding around on this forum

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
anyone got the Email app to launch from here?

I just tried with the stock email app and it works for me. Did you add it from the desktop file?

Originally Posted by fiferboy View Post
I just tried with the stock email app and it works for me. Did you add it from the desktop file?
What I don't know is how to lauch Modest. Does anyone know the command line to execute it?