Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
This is strange. Please add other station for example New York. And check up it.
Field "feels like" provide source of weather forecasts (weather.com)
Vlad

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Am currently running ver 0.19.3 When I try to update, I get the error message: "Unable to install. Software contains updates to packages installed from a different source and is likely to harm the system. Contact software author".

I assume I have a repository entry screwed up somewhere, but haven't a clue how to identify. Any ideas?

TIA.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by wjanowski View Post
Am currently running ver 0.19.3 When I try to update, I get the error message: "Unable to install. Software contains updates to packages installed from a different source and is likely to harm the system. Contact software author".

I assume I have a repository entry screwed up somewhere, but haven't a clue how to identify. Any ideas?

TIA.
You may have simply installed the original deb file from another place. I get that message if I had previously downloaded the deb to my tablet and then installed it.

Go into "Red Pill" mode before doing the upgrade. You will still be presented this warning but you will be allowed to procede.

Originally Posted by cdmackay View Post
somewhat unrelated question: for my UK sites, OMWeather always seems to report the "feels like" temperature as identical to the given temp, regardless of humidity or wind[...]
I wouldn't worry about that really - the whole concept of 'feels like' is totally bogus anyway. It only makes some kind of sense if you stand naked in the wind or some such. I've been out there in -40 C (-40 F) and I can assure you that whatever warmer temperature +wind that is supposed to "feel like" -40 doesn't feel like that at all. Cold weather with wind has to be handled differently from cold(er) weather without wind.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
That did it, thanks!

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
This is strange. Please add other station for example New York. And check up it.
Field "feels like" provide source of weather forecasts (weather.com)
Vlad
I added ny/ny, and have been monitoring it for a few days: haven't yet seen the real temp and "feels like" display different values, even with high values for wind and/or RH.

Checking with weather.com shows that *it* does show different values for the two temps.

Aha! It looks like the problem in OMW might be related to the F -> C conversion?

If I select Fahrenheit, I see 35F/25F for New York, but if I select Celsius, I see 2C/2C. Is the unit conversion using the wrong source value here, perhaps?

Aha! It looks like the problem in OMW might be related to the F -> C conversion?

If I select Fahrenheit, I see 35F/25F for New York, but if I select Celsius, I see 2C/2C. Is the unit conversion using the wrong source value here, perhaps?
Hmm. I didn't observe it problem. Which version of OMWeather you have?

Vlad.

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
thanks Vlad.

Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
Which version of OMWeather you have?
I'm using 0.19.6, with Grzanka's 0.2 iconset.

I just removed, and then re-added US - New York - New York - using the menus, not as a custom station.

OMW says:

Now: 42F, Feels like: 37F

Now: 6C, Feels like: 6C

42F is 5.6C, 37F is 2.8C.

So it appears that OMW is showing the "Now" temp for both fields, when displaying Celsius units, but showing the two temps correctly when displaying Fahrenheit.

thanks...

The Following User Says Thank You to cdmackay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Wow! I started this thread just to give folks a heads up about a new upgrade. Thanks for stopping in and your helpful replies vasvlad.

Since you are responding here to feedback and future feature requests I thought I would make mine known if you don't mind.
I reference a Doppler radar image for real time weather information. Would it be possible to add a configurable HTTP/FTP link to your detail/settings pop up?

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
thanks Vlad.

I'm using 0.19.6, with Grzanka's 0.2 iconset.

I just removed, and then re-added US - New York - New York - using the menus, not as a custom station.

OMW says:

Now: 42F, Feels like: 37F

Now: 6C, Feels like: 6C

42F is 5.6C, 37F is 2.8C.

So it appears that OMW is showing the "Now" temp for both fields, when displaying Celsius units, but showing the two temps correctly when displaying Fahrenheit.

thanks...
CDMACKAY !!!!

Thank you for your time. We found this bug and it will be fixed in the version 0.20. It will released 2 April.

Vlad.

Last edited by vasvlad; 2008-04-01 at 09:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post: