Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
Great work! Will download and check.

One question you might be able to answer: Why does Lua not work?
I'm not able to answer, at least properly. I know it was hard to satisfy the dependency because, well, dependency hell. I did get it to compile by uninstalling a chunk of the maemo build environment or something. I'll post more info later. I'm just not sure why when I type conky --v it shows no "lua", so I must have disabled it again at some point.

Code:
need to satisfy liblua5.1-0 by installing liblua5.1-0-dev
x86:
The following extra packages will be installed:
  liblua5.1-0 libreadline5-dev
Recommended packages:
  libtool
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libreadline4-dev maemo-core-debug maemo-core-dev maemo-sdk-debug
  maemo-sdk-dev
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  liblua5.1-0 liblua5.1-0-dev libreadline5-dev

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2010-10-27 at 15:09.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Well, thanks for the effort nevertheless.

Tried your deb.Installs fine but no go after that. Same symptom as mentioned earlier in the thread: it runs but no visible window. It does seem to consume quite a bit of cpu, though.

I thought I´d mention it here for it seems a bit early to file a bug report. If you prefer that, however, let me know and I´ll file one.

Regards,
Anthonie

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
How about providing a "well sorted" conky file with your first Post? I'm not emotionally attached to mine.

Originally Posted by littleSev View Post
I have ttf-droid installed. It still doesn't work after changing conky.conf from
xftfont XXXXX Sans Mono:size=12 to
xftfont Droid Sans Mono:size 11
Damn, nothing is ever simple. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling the old version, then upgrading to mine.

-edit-

no issues doing that for me, both versions work on my n900
probably i have an extra or different version of some library and i packaged this thing wrong so it's not fixing that during the install.
wish i could just reflash mine, but there's gotta be another way to figure this out.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2010-10-27 at 16:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
Well, thanks for the effort nevertheless.

Tried your deb.Installs fine but no go after that. Same symptom as mentioned earlier in the thread: it runs but no visible window. It does seem to consume quite a bit of cpu, though.

I thought I´d mention it here for it seems a bit early to file a bug report. If you prefer that, however, let me know and I´ll file one.

Regards,
Anthonie
haha if we ever figure out what is causing this, i'll file the report myself. i'm just worried if this thread gets to be 50 pages, and someone reports a problem on page 25, i'll never see it. So far, I can keep up

Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
How about providing a "well sorted" conky file with your first Post? I'm not emotionally attached to mine.
You mean the .conf file? It's part of the install, it puts a default one into /etc/conky/conky.conf
and then conky.sh tries to load the one from MyDocs, or /etc/conky if it can't find it.
You could try copying the one from /etc/conky to /MyDocs to see if it's just loading the wrong .conf file or something.

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
If I start conky from xterm the I get already mentioned problems. Also, changing fonts doesn't solve anything. And with version 1.8 I had the same problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
You mean the .conf file? It's part of the install, it puts a default one into /etc/conky/conky.conf
and then conky.sh tries to load the one from MyDocs, or /etc/conky if it can't find it.
You could try copying the one from /etc/conky to /MyDocs to see if it's just loading the wrong .conf file or something.
I don't know what a "Box stock" conky file looks like, I just figured you might have a good one you've been working on?

It looks like the "good" conky.conf I made doesn't copy to /etc/conky/conky.conf
I looked on mine and there is some garbage one there I never wrote.
Well, there is one old one that got renamed to conky.conf.dpkg-old somewhere along the install/reinstall process.
I'll do what les said and provide the .conf file seperately for now, you will need to manually copy it to /home/user/MyDocs/conky.conf
(remove the .txt extension)
Attached Files
File Type: txt conky.conf.txt (7.1 KB, 238 views)

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2010-10-27 at 17:16.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
It works with this conf file.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:

Tags
conky