Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington, DC
well, as I mentioned above that I do have two accounts from gizmoproject. one is paid which is obviously active status and another one is just a dummy account which I was planning to use it from my nokia to have atleast incoming calls.

in my router I just open couple of ports:
GZ RTCP : Port 5005
GZ SIP : Port 64064
GZ RTP: Port 5004
GZ SRS: Port 7070
GZ_SIP2: Port 5060

and the accounts is registered with my ATA in the house, and have no firewall problem at all.

I was fighting with this N800 thing and using the in-active gizmoproject account which was not ringing at all, and when Imake use the active account, it rings, so the problem is the ACF not the N800 SIP client.

anyway, i tried all the ways to the status active, i.e. inviting people, adding in my contact list etc, everything except to buy the credits and nothing bring my account to the active status.

HTH.

The Following User Says Thank You to ShyBoy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Thanks, Shyboy for the info. I'll look at my router settings at some point, but I'm still thinking it has something to do with the Gizmo status. Just like you I have the two accounts. Interestingly, I was able to connect them a couple of times, tho, while here at work, but never at home, which is why I'm still considering the router question.

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
Originally Posted by Greyghost View Post
Thanks for this post. I've been wondering/thinking the same thing. Gizmo has this 'all calls free' activation process that involves inviting others and using the product, etc, and I've done both of those, but somehow one or the other account gets labeled 'inactive' and then no ring. I also have not been able to verify this, but it looks like they want us to buy something in order to make it work.

The other thought is that the no ring problem on Gizmo has something to do with router settings, and this is way outta my league. I have a simple little wireless router (netgear) at home, but I've never tinkered with the settings. Any other ideas?
Not sure if this will help you or not, but try enabling port forwarding in your firewall router (the Netgear should have a screen for port forwarding) Find it and forward UDP port 5060 to your N800, or other SIP device.

For example, I forward 5060 from my ITSP (viatalk) to my Asterisk server on my local network.

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson

The Following User Says Thank You to deeteroderdas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by deeteroderdas View Post
Not sure if this will help you or not, but try enabling port forwarding in your firewall router (the Netgear should have a screen for port forwarding) Find it and forward UDP port 5060 to your N800, or other SIP device.

For example, I forward 5060 from my ITSP (viatalk) to my Asterisk server on my local network.
Thanks, Mitch. I appreciate the help!

The first part is something I can try, but I am not so sure about the last bit. My 'system' is pretty basic. I have a cable modem (Time Warner) and a PC with a wireless adapter.

Originally Posted by deeteroderdas View Post

well not really a port forwarding, because if the N800 is taking IP through DHCP then the port forwarding will require the ip address to forward the port to.

check and see if you have any port triggering tab in you router setup.

if not that take the suggession what deeteroderdas suggest and
in addition to that, you need to assign the static ip on your N800 advance settings in your connection manager, in that way you will always have the same ip from your router where the port will be forward.

IMHO this is not a good idea.

Originally Posted by ShyBoy View Post
well not really a port forwarding, because if the N800 is taking IP through DHCP then the port forwarding will require the ip address to forward the port to.

check and see if you have any port triggering tab in you router setup.

if not that take the suggession what deeteroderdas suggest and
in addition to that, you need to assign the static ip on your N800 advance settings in your connection manager, in that way you will always have the same ip from your router where the port will be forward.

IMHO this is not a good idea.
Agreed.

What you could do, and what I do, is let the N800 stay DHCP, then go in the router and tell it to always give the same IP address to the N800. This is done based on the MAC address.

My router is an ASUS, running Linux/OpenWRT but the Netgear should have a similar capability. I used to have a Netgear (631?) and it had that ability.

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson

but remember that, according to this way, only N800 will be capable receiving the SIP calls, if later you added the ATA device or any other computer running the GizmoProject Software, it will not be able to receive calls, as you can only do the port forwarding to one IP address.

I would suggest you to buy some smarter router (I got Linksys WRT54GS, with third party firmware) and use the port triggering not port forwarding.

BALL is in your court now..

Originally Posted by ShyBoy View Post
but remember that, according to this way, only N800 will be capable receiving the SIP calls, if later you added the ATA device or any other computer running the GizmoProject Software, it will not be able to receive calls, as you can only do the port forwarding to one IP address.

I would suggest you to buy some smarter router (I got Linksys WRT54GS, with third party firmware) and use the port triggering not port forwarding.

BALL is in your court now..
OK, I'll punt...

I actually have my N800 registering with my personal Asterisk server, which is running in a VMWare server instance on my Linux box. Additionally, my Linksys ATA the antique analog phones are registered to Asterisk, as is the Polycom SIP phone. The Asterisk server registers to my ITSP and is means for making calls in and out.

So, port forwarding works for me...YMMV.

well, yeah in your case its fine as you are running the asterisk server, so you forward those ports to ashterisk, but I made the valid point though :-)

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Here is my current experience but my friends had working setups at home:

http://internettablettalk.com/forums...ad.php?t=10344

I really can't figure out what is wrong when ekiga and 2 ATAs work flawlessly but the n800/2008beta doesn't and is quite erratic.