Notices

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by N770-Freak View Post
Thanks for this new version!

I noticed that mplayer still doesn't remember the volume level. Everytime I start mplayer the volume level starts at 100%. This behavior was already mentioned in the "mplayer_1.0rc1-maemo.21 thread" and I think it was fixed with .23 and reappeared in .24 version.
Thank you for reminding this. Volume level is not saved/restored for esd audio driver. It is more like a temporary placeholder (because it uses more cpu resources) as alsa and sdl don't work well in mplayer with the current version of OS2008 firmware.

Originally Posted by ag2 View Post
Another small problem is that many of the demo .avi videos included with N810 have an incorrect aspect ratio in mplayer. One example is Video/Majakka.avi.
Well, I don't have this video, but judging from Nokia_N810.avi video file, the problem is that mplayer correctly processes aspect ratio, while the built-in media player does not. You can make mplayer ignore video aspect ratio by using -noaspect command line option.

Originally Posted by albright View Post
But
this new version has disabled the keyboard shortcuts! Having
f for full screen, p for pause + many others (esp sound track
sync adjustment) was very useful. This is on an N810 btw.
I see, this is the problem of using '-vo nokia770' video driver (see thangelog). This driver only processes the keys that are present on Nokia 770 (and N800). By the way, why do you need sound track sync adjustment? Aren't videos supposed to play with proper sync normally?

also found window mode (as opposed to full screen) does not
work quite right in kde ...
I don't have kde installed to test it. What does it look like?

To fix both of the problems, you can revert to using '-vo xv', but it will result in somewhat slower performance.

Originally Posted by Serge View Post
I see, this is the problem of using '-vo nokia770' video driver (see thangelog). This driver only processes the keys that are present on Nokia 770 (and N800). By the way, why do you need sound track sync adjustment? Aren't videos supposed to play with proper sync normally?
OK, I see what's going on. I find that not all videos sync
sound perfectly. As per the post above, flash videos in mplayer
have horribly mis-synced sound (unfixable because it seems
to drift).

I don't have kde installed to test it. What does it look like?
it's funny - the window frame does not match with the video ...

ok, good to know.
But it strange, because the previous release "mplayer_1.0rc1-maemo.24" is working with the OS2007HE Edition

Originally Posted by rachid View Post
ok, good to know.
But it strange, because the previous release "mplayer_1.0rc1-maemo.24" is working with the OS2007HE Edition
OS2006 build of mplayer should work on OS2007HE. But you should beware of repositories. If you try to install mplayer from 'bora' repository (OS2007), you will get ARM11 optimized version which will not work on Nokia 770.

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Serge,

I can send you a video sample, although I think that all youtube videos are affected.
It's a little strange, but some of the .flv files I've downloaded from youtube play perfectly fine, while others have the synching problem you mention. I could be imagining things, but I think I even have one file that had a slight audio delay in the first 20 seconds or so, but somehow the audio caught up to the video and was in synch by the end of the video.

The only problem I still see is that flv files downloaded from youtube play with a HUGE audio delay. The delay starts at a few seconds and then increases to 1+ minute, making the video absolutely unwatchable.

The video is encoded in FLV1 320x240 at 29.970 fps. The audio is mp3 (22050 Hz, 1 ch, s16le, 64 kbit/s). mad audio codec is used.

I can send you a video sample, although I think that all youtube videos are affected.
Please check this bugreport:
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...id=54&atid=269
Is it the issue you are observing?

OS2006 build of mplayer should work on OS2007HE. But you should beware of repositories. If you try to install mplayer from 'bora' repository (OS2007), you will get ARM11 optimized version which will not work on Nokia 770.
so the best is to download the 2006 Version and install it with the command line?

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Thanks for this update I can now play my divx videos in KDE without them skipping and dropping frames! Yay!

Great work