Did you have an iPhone before you bought the N900?

That would explain things. You did not discover the power of the command line, too bad,

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki
Bye bye!

I actually moved from Android to Maemo because I found Android to be childish and unstable, and I haven't regret that move once. Android might have had good google integration but that was it. Phonebook, calendar and messaging all sucked, and there was very little to choose from on the android-market. I also never found one decent weather-app that didn't drain my battery.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
Did you have an iPhone before you bought the N900?

That would explain things. You did not discover the power of the command line, too bad,
I had an iPhone before the N900. Jailbroke it and used the termial and I still love the N900...

The Following User Says Thank You to steev182 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Italy
1. I am no troll. Maybe an hobgoblin... :-) I just speak my mind... dont canna be offensive...

2. I use the terminal... on n900... iPhone, Android Etc.

And I really love this community... the only good thing good about meamo.. lets gole Nokia dont blow it with meego.
Peace

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Endri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Whatever other device you get I'm sure you will find reasons to dislike that as well....

Name me a device that gives you full web-browsing, TV-out, 32 GB internal memory, decent QWERTY keyboard, FM transmitter, full Skype integration, 5 megapixel camera with dual-led flash, 840X400 video recording, extreme multitasking, full range of video codec support and I will happily give away my N900...oh, wait a minute, no other device can do ALL these things

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to dreadnought For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
We're all waiting in anticipation for PR 1.2 but right now the internet tablet is perfectly usable..

I imagine the maemo team have prob been given a deadline of end of Q1 to get 1.2 ready. Either that or maybe (sensationalist comment here) they're trying to make PR 1.2 Meego PR 1?

1.2 really does need to come hand-in-hand with the new Ovi store otherwise you're just gonna have everyone turn around and ***** more. So what would you rather? I'd pref to wait and let Nokia get it right!

May I remind you guys apple took a year before the app store was introduced! They only had web-apps... we have full internet browsing!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blobster2k For This Useful Post:
I totally agree Endri. I am very displeased with my phone. Command line or not the usability of the phone is very low. I had an iphone before edge then 3g and now an n900 since last november, and I am very disatisfied with the support give to the phone from nokia and outside developers. While the multitasking is great the phone quickly slows to a halt.

I have a 3GS from work and am very happy with it. I will most likely sell the N900 as my personal phone and move to the Android platform. But thank god for work giving me an iphone because I can't live without it.

The Following User Says Thank You to get0utside For This Useful Post:
My N900 says it's cloudy today, and I look outside and it's cloudy. WOW.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to berty For This Useful Post:
this is dumb. okay you dont like your n900. get the H outa here then.

hey everyone I hate my chevy, i'm going to go to chevrolet.com and make an account, and post about how much I hate my chevy.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to roger_27 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Blobster2k View Post
May I remind you guys apple took a year before the app store was introduced! They only had web-apps... we have full internet browsing!
By the same reasoning, are we expecting Nokia to always be around 2 years behind the competition?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freemantle For This Useful Post:

Tags
bye-bye losers, disappointment, hello freedom, n900 != phone, relax